Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gnomes Don't Dance Enough

April 22, 2010
*
It's a lovely sunny morning to be waking up to. Yesterday, I planted my first flower for the season, and set the little pot on my window sill. I just checked, and so far, no sprout. The Easter Bunny had left me a basket of colored eggs that each contained a flower seed. They are mostly pansies because that is one of my favorite flowers. What a neat idea!! I shall have to start the rest of the seeds this week.

Now for some disturbing news. I opened a copy of the AARP magazine this week, and there was a "bigger than life" photo of Tina Turner staring up at me. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a jealous type of person. But there is something definitely wrong with this picture. That lovely lady is the same age as me, and I'm still sitting here wondering what went wrong with me! We are both 70 years old, yet she looks like a gorgeous youngster and I look like a garden gnome. This is just not fair!!








Tell me, am I the only one out here with this problem? Moo says it's because she dances. Well let me tell you, I am going to start doing a bit more dancing around here. And in my yard. And at work. And who am I fooling? I will just look silly, and I'll still look like a garden gnome!!! Thank goodness for Tootsie. She still thinks I'm beautiful. (Because I feed her treats!!)
*
Our new neighbor, Rocky (or Rosie) Raccoon, paid us a visit yesterday. The raccoon does not act like it feels all that well, or another thought - she might be pregnant. So Moo put out a pan of water for it, and I took some pictures.
*
I know these animals are quite pesky, but you have to admit that they are just beautiful. Look at that gorgeous little face! I'm thinking that she is just looking for food to feed a family that she is planning on having soon. So we will have to make sure that no one hurts her.
*
Now it's time for me to start my dancing. I will post your April Day 22 link and be on my way. I was going to post a QP for you, but I forgot to get a link for it. I will post it for you tomorrow. Till then, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"April Day 22"

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Owwwhhh - that racoon is awesome ! How good of you to make sure it's ok.I know I keep repeating myself , but I'm in awe each time I see the pictures you take of the wildlife you have there.
Hugs Snowy