Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Present For Me

October 10, 2009

Here it is 5 o'clock in the morning, and instead of snoozing, I am sitting here ready to chat with you. Last night, I put on a TV show about forensic science which I really enjoy, and then fell asleep. This seems to happen a lot now that I have entered my "Golden" years. It's probably why I love all the re-runs so much. Sooner or later, I get to see the whole program.

Yesterday afternoon, Moo came home from shopping with a big grin on his face. He had picked up a little present for me. It was just a little bobble-head witch filled with bubble gum, but she really is cute. Puts a smile on my face whenever I look at her silly grin. See for yourself.























**
It's hard to be cranky with this little beauty grinning up at me. Isn't my little Beanie Baby puppy ever so precious? I don't really collect them anymore, but a while back I was enamored with them and have hundreds of them to show for it. Hopefully, one of my grandchildren will want my collection.
**
Kim, if you're reading this, I have not forgotten your request. I am working on another kit called "Paw Prints On My Heart." Once it is done, I will also re-release an older kit, "Goodbye, My Friend." I am also working on a Christmas kit, and a couple of CU kits.
**
Yesterday afternoon and last night I spent several hours working on my 2010 calendar. I choose twelve of my favorite photos from the current year, and put a calendar month on each one. Then I have them all printed, sort them into sets, and wrap them up along with an acrylic stand-up frame. Voila!! Instant gift!!
**
Last night I finished, and was able to upload them to the print shop and place my order. Here's hoping that I did not overlook any mistakes. Last year, I had to re-do the month of May and have it re-printed. I will keep my toes and fingers crossed.
**
Last Sunday night we had a really gorgeous full moon. When I got to work, I tried several times to get a decent photo of it, but this is not easy to do without a tripod. At least for me it isn't easy. I did get one fairly decent photo though, which I will share with you. I was hoping that Audrey was able to get a nice shot of the Virginia moon, but she hasn't sent one, so maybe it was not to be. Here is my "Moon Over Massachusetts."
**


















**
I think I will also share a photo that I took on the morning of the millennium. This is about the time I started getting more interested in the pictures that I took. When I had my film developed, there was an ad for a photo contest in the envelope with my photos. I thought "why not?" and picked out my favorite photo and sent it in.
**
It was chosen as a semi-finalist, along with thousands of other photos, and published in the International Library of Photography" in a volume titled "A Fresh Perspective." For weeks, I walked around proud as a peacock. All this was before I dug into digital photography and Photoshop. Now I look back and see that I have come a long way. To be honest though, thinking about it still brings a smile to my eyes. Here is "Daybreak 2000."
**
**
I think by now that I have chatted the corner of your ear off, so I will amble on back to my little bed and think about another short snooze before I have to face the day. It's only 6 am, so maybe I will be able to catch some winks. Y'all have a fantastic day now.
**
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

As always beautyful pictures, Edna ! Lol- that little witch with the bubble-gum is too funny -wonder what Moo thought when he bought it? A witch for the Witch??? I've just come home from doing my shopping, the fidge and freezer are filled agai,lol. Now I have time to read my friends blogs while I have a coffee and then off to work again. Will ring Erik 7.30 tonight. Don't work too hard later- Hugs Snowy