Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bad News From The Geek Squad

October 24, 2009

Good morning. Did we get our shots yesterday? Nope! We did go to the senior center 30 minutes before it started, and were # 86, 87 and 88 in the line. We got our papers, and sat down to fill them in. Then something on the papers did not look right, so I asked one of the nurses if this was in fact the H1N1 flu shot. She said no. They did not have any of that vaccine yet. I asked why they told me on the phone that they did, and she said someone must have misunderstood me. Sad excuse!!

Next, some information from Snowy's son, and a chat with Wayne (my own personal geek squad), I was feeling a bit better about my laptop. Seems the problem was a dead graphics card. So now I call Best Buy to talk with their geek squad (I don't know where this horrid name came from but they picked it).

More good news, "Yes, Ma'am, sounds like your graphics card is gone." So I asked "About how much is it to replace it?" Here comes the really bad news. He replies "Sorry but you have to replace the motherboard. The graphics card is integrated into the motherboard." Of course, my next question was "So approximately how much is this motherboard going to cost me?" Are you sitting down? His answer was "Approximately between $600 and $800."

Well now I'm getting a bit overheated and answer him "Are you crazy man? I could buy a whole new laptop for that!" He was such a cutie! He replied "Yes Ma'am, you could." It was time for me to say "Thank you" and hang up the phone. I am trying very hard to be calm about all of this, but inside I have heebie jeebies dancing. I am not looking forward to laptop withdrawal. You know, a laptop is such a luxury, but being spoiled as I am, I already miss the little darling, and I am not looking forward to a whole weekend at work with no laptop to play and design on.

Before I go on here, I want to apologize to Mary Ann for putting up a wrong blog address yesterday. I have an icon on my desktop that goes directly to her site, so I must not have corrected my written address list. Here is the corrected address: http://roeslergallery.webs.com/apps/blog.

Want some fun news? Last night was the monthly chat at the Magickal Scraps forum. We were to make a comic book page. Take pictures and speech bubbles and make the pictures talk. Well, I don't have a lot of pictures. Mine are mostly nature, so I used some fun graphics. The fact that Snow Raven loves peanut butter and is always saying that she is going to turn into a squirrel made this project a ton of fun. Here is my rendition. Hope you like it.























Next, I will give you a preview of my new kit "Paw Prints On My Heart" and a sampler to play with. This kit is available in the Magickal Scraps store starting today and is only $3.99. And don't forget, there is still a store-wide sale on, so this kit will be much cheaper. It has 18 background papers and 32 elements for memorable pet scrapping!
*
I am off now to get some laundry done, and a bit of (ugh!) housework. Y'all have a fantastic day. Hugs, Edna B.
*
"Paw Prints On My Heart"


And here is your download for "Paw Prints On My Heart" Sampler

3 comments:

Snowy said...

Lol- I've got the giggles again ! That layout is just too funny !
So sorry to hear you could not get the flu shots again.

Unknown said...

Regarding the swine flu, there is loads of information contradicting the claims that are made on the news. I suggest that neither you nor your child take the swine flu vaccine, especially since they are saying how it is only a mild case of influenza A and B. Also, the side effects and warnings for the swine flu vaccine stress that they are not to be used on children or on pregnant women. Personally I think that the reactions of the vaccine from 1976 are enough for us not to take the vaccine of 2009.

HP Laptop Motherboard

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Oct. 25, 2009. Thanks again.