Monday, February 16, 2009

There's Hope Yet For The New PC

February 16, 2009

It's a new day, and I'm still wearing a smile. It's so much easier than frowning. Wayne came by this morning, and fixed yesterday's problem, and will be back to do something else. He'll even install a couple of my programs. Who knows, I may even get to use this foolish new pc yet in the near future.

At least right now, it's letting me type this post. I'm also doing some stuff on my laptop, so I need to go check on it. Be right back...........

February 17, 2009

Well, not quite right back. It was a long day, and I wasn't too thrilled with that new PC, plus I was exhausted. So I went to bed early. Today is another day.

You know, no matter how crappy the day goes, I open my emails, and there are lots of smiles and hugs waiting there for me. I just love my emails. Plus I did play a lot with Tootsie, and get one or two good deeds done.

Vista and Micro Trend are still not getting along very well with HP. They're like a bunch of little brats trying to outdo each other. When one thing works, another quits. They've already decided that my jigsaw puzzle program that I love dearly just is not going to be allowed to play with the big kids on this new pc. So now if I want to do a jigsaw puzzle to relax, I will have to fire up this ole laptop. Gish!!

But I will still try to smile today. Tootsie and I have to do some errands. I need to get to the post office, then to town hall for a new license for Tootsie, then to Walmart to stock up on our favorite doggie foods. After that, we will attempt to master (or at least make friends with) the new big black monster that sits on our PC desk. It's easy to find. It's big and shiny black and covered with dust constantly. It's like a huge dust magnet. Turn it on and it cries out to all the dust "Quick! Jump on me! Hurry!!!"

That's it for today. No pictures yet. I can't even find any of my stuff on that PC. And every time it gets shut off, when you turn it back on - Vista has gone and moved everything back where it wants it. Must be me - that thing hates me.

We're having a cup of coffee and a greenie. (the greenie is for Tootsie). Have yourselves a great day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: