Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Take 2 Advil And Think Positively

February 18, 2009

Well, I've made it through another day on the monster machine. We are learning how to tolerate each other. I tell it what I want to do, and it tells me know what it's going to let me do. So I'm not exactly winning - but I'm not losing!

Stay positive, things just have to get better. And I think they just might. I actually made some scrap stuff and finished a layout on this new pc. I'm not just trying to recoup some of my files, but I also have to learn Vista. I'm not nuts about it because it doesn't like most of my favorite programs, and won't run them. Also, I now have Photoshop PS CS4, and it's a whole new learning experience.

Why is it when companies upgrade a terrific product or program, they feel they have to rearrange everything, hide as many things as possible, and take away anything that's not broken. I spent an hour last night looking for the little tab that shows the history of the layout I'm working on. An hour!!!

I spent the better part of the evening fighting with CS4 trying to keep my item windows open long enough to work on them. This morning I clicked damn near every button to see what it would do - and voila!! my little individual windows came back. This is not a very nice thing to do to little old ladies like me. Or anybody else for that matter.

Before I turn in for the night, I'll share the layout I made for the chat last Friday night. Snow Raven supplied the frame and tag and a couple of PS styles, and the rest was up to us. Enjoy.
Have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.


1 comment:

Nani said...

Oh Edna! I love, love, LOVE the layout of Tootsie!

So does Kaline. She says "hello" an d wants me to do (another) Kaline layout now. :)

I use PS CS. I'm very comfortable with it and I've heard horror stories about getting used to the newer versions, but I've also heard that once you do, they're fabulous. So it's worth the pain in the butt to learn it! :)

Have a great day!!