Friday, February 20, 2009

Do You Know If There's A Back-Up Fairy?

February 20, 2009

After I left for work last night, Buster Brown (Wayne) showed up and spent 2 1/2 hours playing on my computer. What he fixed, I don't know. What I do know, is that none of my programs are installed yet. It seems that they either won't go in, or Vista and Trend Micro and HP just won't let them go in. Needless to say, I am extremely upset, and for just a nickel or so, I'd take an axe to this piece of crap that's supposed to be a fantastic computer.

I'm done venting for a while. I wish I could meet the back-up fairy. Then she could take my old pc back to where it was working fine, and I'd be a happy little camper. All my programs would be up and running, oh boy, oh boy.

Last night at work I worked on the ABC challenge for Magickal Scraps. This month the letters are "H" & "I." I haven't come up with a word yet for the letter I, but I will. My word for the letter H is "High." I get so high on life. Even Tootsie does. When she runs after her ball, she uses all the gusto she can muster up, and is tickled pink with herself when she picks the ball up. We don't need drugs or alcohol to get high. Everyday brings some new thing or challenge that keeps the adrenaline pumping.

Tonight, I have to find some stuff that was here on my pc last night, and today is playing hide and go seek. Don't you just love love it? Being outsmarted by some little plastic nerds hiding inside a big shiny black tower that's constantly covered in dust?

Did I tell you about my orthopedic check up the other day? I was telling my doctor about the wicked bad leg cramps and how do I make them tolerable. He told me to drink quinine water every night, and that would help some. So on my way home, I stopped at Walgreen's Pharmacy to buy some quinine water.

I looked all over the store, and finally asked an employee where it was. He looked at me like I had three heads. After a ten minute go-round, the guy said they didn't carry it. So now I went home and looked on the internet to see who carried it. I hate to tell you what the internet gave me. I plugged in quinine water and my zip code. It gave me all sorts of water bottles, water machines, and all kinds of other strange stuff - but no quinine water.

Next I called Shaw's Supermarket and asked for the manager in charge of water. It took five minutes of spelling quinine over and over to this nitwit, only to have him say that "Are you sure that's what it is? and, We don't carry that product."

While my brother was out doing an errand, he stopped at a local Stop & Shop Supermarket, and bought me four bottles. Success at last!! It's only been two days, so I don't know yet if it helps or not.

So now I'm going to see what kind of trouble I can get into with this pc. Y'all have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.

"H is for High On Life"



No comments: