Friday, February 6, 2009

A Break In The Weather

February 6, 2009

Whew! I never thought I'd get through today unscathed by the tax man. So surprise, surprise, I was okay. I had all the figures, just have to get breakdowns for a couple of them. And I already have those figures sitting on the table waiting to take back to my accountant.

Boy do I ever feel much better now. I can't tell you how much I don't like keeping records and papers and receipts for just this occasion. It's bad enough remembering to put all the bills in one envelope and all the receipts in another. But then to have to break them all down, tally them all up, Ugh! I'd rather do housework, and I hate housework.

Today was a bit warmer, and I guess tomorrow is supposed to be swimming weather. Hopefully, it will melt the wicked icicles that are stuck on my downspouts, from the roof all the way down to the ground.

Tootsie went to the beauty parlor this afternoon, and I went shopping to check out some computers while I was waiting. I went to Best Buy, and I met up with a little old lady, God bless her, who was trying to decide between a desk top and a lap top. She followed me around for at least a half an hour trying to pick my brains as to which one would be best for her.

The ones she was looking at were power demons. Big screens, big hard drives, etc. I asked her what she kind of computer she had at home, and she said none. I asked her what she would be doing on the computer, and she said just email and checking her investments on-line. So I told her that she could probably get a much cheaper one than she was looking at that wasn't quite so powerful. She gave me a funny look and said "Are you crazy? The one on sale has so much more than the cheaper one."

Right about then, the beauty salon called to say that Tootsie was almost ready for pickup, so I gently pried myself away and left. All the way back to Petco, I was giggling - that little darling was way up in her eighties if she was a day. Don't you just love it???

Time for me to play a bit more with Tootsie, then we will put on some comfy jammies and snuggle up in bed to watch some television. Before I leave, I will share a photo of the view from my window this morning. Have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.







Hey, Rhoda - do you miss this??

1 comment:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Edna, My your bloging like the teenagers!! Moving zooms etc. Everything is so pretty. Maybe if I can ever figure out how to get into my website I will try it out.

Maybe I will come back and use google...at least then I will have you to help.

Love the old fashion valentines. If you happen to fashion one with an airplane, Gene will get it. I have given him antique valentines with airplanes on for years. They are getting harder to find.

Enjoy!

Mary Ann