Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Very Busy Day

October 23, 2008

No fear, Nani, Tootsie can't stay in the doghouse for very long. She looks up at me with that precious little face, and I'm done! My goose is cooked! She takes after her Uncle Moo that way. He used to just look at someone with his gorgeous baby blues, and they gave him what he wanted. (only as a little boy, and then when he was older with women!)

Tootsie doesn't ask for too much for birthdays and Christmas. Mostly, she's tickled pink with a roast chicken. That makes her little world sparkle. She's easy to please, and it pleases me to please her.

Today, I did a lot of running around doing various errands - pay taxes (Ugh!!), look at furniture, banking, buy dog food, don't forget the salami and provolone cheese, etc. Did I mention "renew driver's license"? Well, that's something else. I asked the girl to please not make me look like a drunken sot the way they usually do. Can't understand how come they don't know how to take nice pictures of folks.
Anyway, she smiled nicely and said "I know what you mean. I'll do my best to make a nice photo." Well, I sat down on the chair, and she said "Take off your glasses." I said "Why?" She said "Because the new face recognition software doesn't work when you are wearing glasses."

Can you believe that? I have to take off my glasses (now I really do look like a drunken sot!!!) because "Big Brother" can't recognize me with them on! The first picture was horrendous, and the second one was three winks better, so I picked that one. I think they have a nerve. I never take my glasses off, so their software will never find me anyway! So there Big Bro!!

I wear invisible bi-focals. The lens is transitional to keep the light from my eyes, and the bottom half is so that I can read easier. Because there is always some kind of light, I rarely ever take my glasses off.

Enough already for my stimulating day. Tonight I'm going to share a photo of Tootsie on the new carpet. Then I'm going to check on Moo, he was looking a bit peaked earlier. After that, me thinks the Toots and I will turn in early. Till tomorrow,

Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: