Tuesday, March 19, 2019

It's Good To Be Home

March 19, 2019

Good morning.  I'm a day late posting, but yesterday I was busy all day trying to finish unpacking and catching up on bills and mail.  Speaking of mail, I have two large shopping bags full of junk mail to go through.  Before recycling most of it, I need to remove my personal information from each piece.  That's job in itself. 

On Sunday morning, Beth and I got up at 2:30 a.m. so that we could have her out by the office in time to catch her ride with Mears shuttle.  They were picking her up at 3:15 to take her to the airport.  It's a good thing we were a bit early getting there because the shuttle was already there waiting for us. 

Pogo and I were ready at 7:30 a.m. to leave our condo and head for the hotel where the car rental office is located.  Our driver met us there and drove us to the airport.  I use Action Car Rental, and I can't say enough nice things about my driver there.  I get the same driver every year.  His name is Mike and he is so pleasant and nice to me and Pogo. 

Deanne and Eddie picked us at the airport in Boston when we got there.  Traffic was a bit heavy because it was St. Patrick's Day, which meant a parade and lots of people and food in Boston.  I met a nice woman on the plane who was looking forward to having some corned beef and cabbage when she got to Boston. 

I loved my time in Florida.  The weather was nice the whole time, and those warmer temps felt really good.  Pogo loved being out on the patio.  We put a towel down on the floor in a sunny spot, and Pogo would lay there and soak up the warm sunshine.  We're home now and it feels good to be home.  We'll go back to Florida next year. 

Remember the African Black Soap that I bought for Pogo?  Well, he had two baths with it last week, and so far it seems to be helping him.  His skin is looking pretty good and most of the scratching has stopped.  So I guess we'll keep using this soap. 

Today I have photos of some of the palm trees at the resort.  There are so many different kinds of palms and they are all really beautiful.  Nani, these are for you.





That's my daughter Audrey in the last photo.  She had walked over to take photos of the roses that were growing off to the side of the office.  I have more photos of the palm trees to post another day.

I have the names of the birds that I posted on Friday. The grey bird is a Mocking Bird, and the Black bird is an Anhinga.  Thank you Leona for helping me with the names.

Today I think I'll go online and put together a grocery order at WalMart,.  Joe said he will pick it up for me on his way home from work.  Last night, I ate the last frozen meal that was in my freezer.  It was a Pot Roast dinner, and I must say it was delicious.  Later in the week, I'll make a trip to the store and pick up some of the things that I don't include in my pickup order. 

Now I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of catching up on my blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you got home safe and sound. When we first started spending time in Florida...we kept staying longer and longer! Now we are here most of the year! We love the milder temps and the sunshine! Enjoy your day and getting back in the swing of things! Hugs!

smiekeltje said...

Hello and welcome home again LOL!
Glad your trip home went well.
Now first get settled again with enough groceries and such things and then you can think about the "normal"every day things that need to be done.
Big hug
Kyra

LV said...

So glad you had great trip and home safely.

gypsyrose said...

Im glad that the weather was nice and you and Pogo enjoyed your time in Florida and arrived home safely, the photos of the palm trees are lovely and good to put a name to the birds as well. x

gypsyrose said...

Im glad you had a good time nice weather and a safe journey home time goes to fast when your having fun x

Kathy said...

Welcome home! So glad you had a nice trip. I never realized there were so many different kinds of palm trees.