Friday, December 28, 2018

2018 Is Almost Passe

December 28, 2018

Good morning.  It's early yet, but it's going to be a nice warm day with temps in the fifties by later this afternoon.  I'm thinking it's going to be a great day to do a lot of laundry.  I want to wash all of Pogo's blankets as well as all my things. 

Tomorrow, I think Pogo and I should go out and do a few errands.  I don't want to be out and about on Monday with all the folks who are getting an early start on their evening partying.  New Year's Eve is a night when I definitely stay at home and watch the festivities on TV. 

Imagine that!  There are only three more days left in this year.  Tuesday will be the start of another brand new year.  After that, I'll have to start looking around for airline fares for my trip to Florida.  I don't leave till the beginning of March, but I like to start checking fares early so that I can get the best price possible.  I'm a shopper!

After that, I will secure my rental car, and then we'll start thinking about what to pack in our suitcase.  Pretty soon, I'll start making my list of things that need to be packed and which bag they go in.  Meds, camera, laptop -- all things of this nature obviously have to go in my carry on bag.  I just have to figure out how to keep the weight of the bag as low as possible.

You know, many years ago, you could pack important items in your suitcase, and they'd still be in there when you reached your destination.  Nowadays, that's not possible and that's really a shame.  You almost have to take photos of what is inside your suitcase to prove that it was in there when you checked it at the baggage station.

Enough of that!  My little guy wasn't very hungry last night, so we saved his supper for breakfast.  He was hungry this morning and licked his plate clean!  Now he's curled up next to me on the sofa.  There are soft snoring sounds wafting up to my ears.

Yesterday, I took this photo of Pogo, all curled up in his new little tent bed.  He doesn't play with toys, but you can see him here with two of the new toys that he got for Christmas.  He uses the green bone for a pillow, and snuggles into the toy snowman. 


We didn't get a chance to give Joe some of his Christmas presents until yesterday.  After a long day at work, this really brightened up his day. 


While cleaning out a file folder on my laptop, I came across this article for making our steps a little bit less slippery.  I found the article on the web a while ago, and tucked it away to share with you.


I haven't tried this yet, so if you try it let me know how it worked for you.  Now I want to do a bit of blog reading before getting started on the laundry.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

THANKFUL WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SPEND SOMETIME TOGETHER EACH WEEK VIA OUR BLOGS. I ENJOY READING YOURS AND POGO'S ACTIONS EACH DAY.

smiekeltje said...

Sounds you and Pogo really had a lovely Christmas!
wow, that "Portal"is somethig magic!
And that new camera looks wonderful too! Oh, I love the mug you got from Deanne! She has such wonderful ideas.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Ellen, hope she is getting well soon.
Now on to the last days of this year, and then start the new one with hope to a healthy and mostly happy and also lots of warm and sunny days.
Take care, sending big hugs,
Kyra