My Pix Show 04

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Welcome, Baby Xander

July 27, 2017

Good morning.  Tis a bit on the cloudy side right now with temps reaching up towards the 70's.  The sun is doing it's best to peek out every now and then, and there's a really nice breeze.  It seems like the weather just isn't sure what it should be doing lately.  We go from toasty 80's and 90's to chilly 60's and then back again.  Hmm, do you suppose Mother Nature is struggling with menopause?

Well, yesterday was quite the day!  It started off by introducing my newest great grandson, Xander Thane who weighed in at 7 pounds, nice ounces, and was 19 inches long.  My goodness, what at a beautiful baby!    Congratulations to Bobby and Amber, and to Grandma Deanne and Grandpa Eddie.

Here is Xander with his Daddy, (Bobby).  Look at that face!  He's actually looking up and smiling at his Daddy.

Of interest...a friend looked up Xander's middle name "Thane."  It's an important title in medieval Scotland, kind of equal to the son of an earl.  Well, that's rather appropriate because we really do have ancestors of sorts living in a castle in Scotland.  I guess it's time to look up a bit more of our family history.

Right after I got all this wonderful news, it was time for Pogo and me to leave for our appointment at the car dealership.  Well, we got there and signed all the work papers and settled in to wait for everything to be done when the service lady approached me.  She said that my registration was expired, and that it had actually expired last summer.  What?????  Oh no!! 

Come to find out, my registration had not expired, but the paper registration that I leave in the glove box (in the car) was missing.  Without it I could not get a new sticker.  So Pogo and I had to leave and go to the Registry of Motor Vehicles and get a new copy of my registration.  $25 and a little while later, we were back to the dealership. 

While we were sitting in the waiting area, Pogo and I struck up a conversation with another lady who was also waiting for her car to be serviced.  I have to tell you, Pogo outdid himself.  After sniffing every inch of the lady's purse, he stood up on his hind legs, put his front paws on her chest and asked to be petted.  After she petted him for a while, he would come to me for more petting, then back to the other lady.  It was just so comical!

On the way home, Pogo and I stopped at McDonalds for some takeout lunch and then headed for the park.  Pogo gobbled up his whole double hamburger, along with some water.  My little guy was really hungry!  The view at the park was just beautiful.  I did not have my camera with me, so I used my phone to take a photo of one of the swan families.

We were parked across the street from the pond, so this photo didn't turn out so bad.  In the background, you can make out a family of baby geese.  We'll have to go back another day and bring my camera.

DIL Janet came by later after work, and we had supper and a really nice visit.  She worked on that gorgeous afghan and I worked on the second dolly underslip.  I'm on the "ruffle" rows, and they take forever! 

I think today will be a rest and relax day.  After I wash the dishes, of course!  haha.  Well, that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantubulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: