Monday, July 10, 2017

Uncovering Buried Treasure

July 10, 2017

Good morning.  And wowie, what a gorgeous day it is!  The sun is shining, there's a nice breeze and temps are working their way up to the upper eighties.  Just a perfect summer day.  I love it! 

Well, I did not get to go grocery shopping again, but that's okay.  I'm going tomorrow and Dwarf Helen says she will go with me.  Instead, I spent some time cleaning out the computer room.  Actually, I should call it the "catch all" room.  It's a slow process because everything I pick up leads me somewhere else.

I did, however, uncover a pile of photos and spent some time going through them and reliving some wonderful memories.  I copied a few of the photos to share here once they are cropped. 

Folks, you're not going to believe this but my TV is rebooting again!!!!!  I hope I'm not going to have go through this mess all over again.  Aye yi yi !

While going through things yesterday, I uncovered an old, but much loved issue of a magazine and I decided not to toss it out.  Instead, I started looking through it and got excited about a new project that I might try later this year.  (Can't tell you about it now, just in case I don't get to do it.)


This issue was a Special Premier issue magazine for Computer and Photo Crafting.  (Issue Number 1, 2000)    Sad to say, I was never able to get a subscription, and I was never able to find another issue.  This is the magazine where I got the instructions for making my photo dolls (many years ago). 

So, yesterday, I spent several hours looking up and calling (or trying to) the magazine and many of the web sites and blogs that are advertised in the magazine.  Would you believe that none of any of the places that I called are still in existence? 

I'm not sure why the magazine stopped publishing.  It is chock full of wonderful craft ideas.  As far as I know, this was the only issue to be published.  If any of you is interested, you can still find a used copy on Amazon.  I wouldn't wait very long, as I only found three or four copies available.

I have an updated photo of "Chia Donald" for you.  There's lots more green showing now. 


Every now and then, I try putting a few more rows on the scarlet scarf and hat set, but the going is really slow.  The yarn I'm using (Brand name is Big Twist)  keeps splitting and I have to keep ripping out work and doing it over.  The splits are sometimes hard to see until you get way past them.  I doubt I'll be buying this brand of yarn again anytime soon.

 Today will be more like yesterday.  I'll spend a few hours in the computer room, and a few hours out on the porch with Pogo.  In between maybe I'll wash a few dishes or chase a few dust bunnies around.  Well, at least that's the plan. 

I'm still waiting for the contractor to get back to me about when they can start the repair work on the driveway.  I guess they aren't in much of a hurry for new business.  I've just left another message on their answering machine.  Supposedly they have a secretary, but she never answers the phone in person.  Hmmm, strange!

Before I take my leave, let me share a photo of my welcome planter that sits out in the yard to welcome my company.  It's beginning to fade a bit, but it is still pretty.


That's all my news for today.  It's time to get busy around here now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Isn't buried treasure just awesome???? As for the photo's I can't wait to see them. Wow I would love a copy of that Magazine. I am going over in a bit and see if I can get it.

I am shocked that the tv is rebooting it's self again. This is crazy and I hope that they can get it fixed for you. Is anyone in the other part of the house having problems with the tv or just you? I hope that it is their box and not your tv going out. Shhhhh I should keep my mouth shut on that!!!

I understand exactly about a secretary that never answers the phone. Oh Edna, I know that it is going to be a big pain in the backside to get this driveway done. It is true that you cannot drive on it for a good while. The asphalt has to cure to a certain level before you can drive on it or it will leave ruts in the pavement and the asphalt getting on the cars, and wheels will be a nightmare to get off and possibly take off the paint of the car. I seen that you can use WD-40 to get it off without ruining your paint job but it takes a lot of work.

My plant seems to be doing better with the massive amount of water I poured on it yesterday. I am thankful for that. It is an odd plant and I would hate to lose it.

Cisco is sleeping and is really being a sleepy head. I had to get out of bed and tell him to go potty this morning. He doesn't want to get out of his bed but he has to go out before Jonathan goes to work but has started not to go out unless I tell him too and that is so odd.

Have a wonderful day... Hugs to you and kisses and cuddles to Pogo... Love Beth and Cisco

The Queen Jester said...

I can't believe you are having trouble with the TV again, how frustrating that must be.
My new 55" TV was delivered yesterday so I need to learn how to work all it's features and get it hooked up to the wireless, etc...sigh. It will be nice once it's done, I just don't feel like learning something new again right now.