Friday, July 28, 2017

I Love A Good Coupon!

July 28, 2017

Good morning.  Goodness, what a beautiful day it is looking to be outside my door.  The sun is shining, there's a tiny breeze and temps are working their way up to the low eighties.  This definitely feels like a porch day. 

Well, I finished the second doll underslip, only to find that one slip needs to be shortened.  That's not so bad, I suppose.  It means that I need to take off the last two rows, then put the last row back on.  I still have to finish the bodice on one dress.  I think once these dolls are totally finished, I probably won't be making very many more of them.  They're a lot of work, and take a long time to make.

Last night, I went online to order some tiny doll dress hangers so that I can hang these dresses that I'm making.  I find that placing them into the protective plastic covers tends to flatten out the ruffles.  I'm hoping that hanging will help to keep the ruffles nice.  We'll see.

Yesterday's email brought me a 30% off coupon for a blog book, so that's how I spent part of my evening last night.   I had already picked out the cover photos, so it really did not take very long to put my book together.  These are the photos I chose for this volume.

Last night, I had to order more doggie food for Pogo.  For some reason, I thought I had ordered it a few days ago, and I've been waiting for it to arrive but it hasn't come.  After going online and checking my previous orders on Amazon, I discovered that I really had not placed the order.  No wonder it hasn't arrived yet!
 
Have any of you tried coloring in the new adult coloring books?  Gosh, I hope so.  It is so relaxing, and actually good for your health.  (in a restful way)  My friend Beth sent me a page that she had just finished, along with the original page.  Wow Beth, this is beautiful!  Here's the blank page, followed by Beth's finished work of art.
 

 
I haven't done much in my coloring book, but I am working on coloring a set of all occasion greeting cards.  They are not as intensive as the pages in the book, but they do take quite a bit of concentration.  Staying inside the lines is the hardest.  Gosh, who'd have thunk it!!
 
One of these days, I will have to go grocery shopping.  I've already started my list.  I think I'll clean out the freezer too.  Sometimes things that are in the back, behind other things, get forgotten.  Once they are in there too long, I don't think they are safe to be eaten.  Besides, I really should take inventory of what is in the freezer. 
 
Well, that sounds like a good project for today.  Not one that I'm relishing, but a necessary one.  Another project that I want to start soon is picking out the photos for my next calendar.  I'd really like to be able to have the calendars finished and printed before I start packaging up my holiday boxes. 
 
Now I want to finish my coffee and take my nebulizer meds.  While I'm doing that, I can catch up on my morning blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I was so surprised to see my art work up on your blog. That was not an easy page to work with and I did a lot of smudging because I had messed up on a lot of lines and I am glad that I have a printer because after some was done, I could print it and do something else to it. I mailed the original that I actually colored over to someone that is in a surgery wing at a hospital and is not doing very well. Long story but this man does not get very much mail or things to cheer him up. Such a sad situation, but it is what it is. I try to do little things to cheer him up as much as possible. I feel sorry for those that do not have family left or close friends.

Nathan just bought us lunch. What a sweetheart to surprise me today. I will not be seeing much of Karyn very often from Tuesday on. She has taken on an extra job trying to earn enough money for a down payment on a car since Matthew wants his car back. He is flying in to here in a month to get his car. So there went our trip out to Tucson. He knows I have some pretty major appointments with my eyes coming up so I can't fly out there right now like he wants me too.

I am going to go for now. Talk to you soon... Hugs. Beth and Cisco and we send love to you and Pogo all the time...

smiekeltje said...

Hi Edna!!
Yeah, still alive and a bit kicking LOL!. Update on me: back is getting better every day, still have to be careful with some moves, burned hand is also almost over, I did get a couple of little blisters, Icovered them and they had to dry out, which is almost the case now.
Skin is looking a bit strange, but no big harm done.
Didn;t sit much at the computer, that still is giving me some backtrouble, so I skip it a bit.
did read some of your posts, congrats with the newborn! Looking soooooo sweet.
Really good to read, you are feeling much perkier now again.
am not really missing the computertime at the moment, but some day I will be spending again more time on it I guess.
I am only asking you to forgive me for not being in contact so much lately.
Not mailing or commenting on your blog, doesn;t mean I am not thinking of you, be sure of that, You are in my heart and people, living there, aren;t forgotten !!
Give Pogo a big cuddle and I am sending you a big hug,
Take care of yourself!
Kyra