Sunday, July 2, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNE

July 2, 2017

Good morning.  It's going to a hot one today.  At the moment, the temp is 77F degrees, and by noon it will be up around 90F degrees.  From the way I'm breathing, I can tell it's going to be sticky too.  I would go out on the porch now while there's a nice breeze, but I'm taking my Nebulizer meds and I need electricity for that.

Today is daughter Deanne's birthday.  Dee  Dee, you've been such a joy and an enormous help to me, and I appreciate everything you do for me.   I hope your special day is full of happiness and love.  Happy Birthday Sweetie.  I love you.

Gosh, it's been a busy weekend so far.  Friday, Pogo and I set out on our own to find Sears and buy a refrigerator for the main house.  Well, we made it to the East side of Brockton just fine.  Finding Sears was another story.  After driving around, trying to find the store, I finally called Deanne to find out where the damn store was.  I knew where it was supposed to be, but it wasn't there.

Deanne informed me that Sears had moved (quite a while ago!) to the Mall.  Oh goodie!  I haven't found it yet, and I'm already running out of steam.  Thank goodness I brought my walker with me.  Janice said she would go with me if I came by and picked her up.  This was good because by now I was needing a potty break too. 

Finally, we arrived at Sears (in the mall).  It didn't take too long to find the refrigerator that I was looking for and to buy it.  We settled on a delivery date of this coming Friday, and  I paid a little extra to have the old refrigerator taken away. 

Next, we stopped at JoAnne's to pick up some yarn.  I picked up a couple new colors to make hat and scarf sets.  One set is already half done, so I'll take some photos later today.  From there, we went to 
the Pet Supply store to buy some doggie food for Pogo.  I bought three bags full of doggie food, (cans) and sad to say somewhere between the store and my car I lost one of the bags.  (I didn't know this until after I had gotten home.) 

By now, my feet were swollen and I was in a lot of pain.  Time to head on home.  On the way, I took Janice home so that she could change her clothes, and then I dropped her off at work.  By the time I got home, I could barely walk. 

Friday night, Jasmine and her friend Hailey had a paid singing engagement at a local VFW.  It was a dinner party to celebrate World War II Veterans.  The girls sang God Bless America, and then each of them sang two solos.    All in all, it was a wonderful evening.  This was Jazzy's second paid engagement.  Not bad, Jazzy!  I'm really proud of you.  Here's a photo of Deanne's ticket.  The second photo is Hailey and Jazzy.


 
This photo shows the World War II Veterans.  The youngest one is 92 years old.  The one wearing the white sports jacket (third one in from the right) was one of the DJ's.  Deanne says he was awesome.


Saturday I tried not to move around too much, only when necessary.  That night, though, I finally gave in and took some pain meds.  It alleviated enough of the pain so that I could get around a little bit.   This morning, the swelling (of the feet) has gone down a tad bit, so hopefully this won't last much longer than a couple more days.  I do believe it's the heat and the muggies that is causing my feet to do this so often.

Ah well, I'm getting achy sitting in this position for so long.  I think Pogo and I will head out to the porch.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I am so proud of Jazzy, she has such a beautiful voice and what a special honor to be invited to sing with her friend at the VFW. I really believe that organization is one of the best ones around and I remember growing up we had so many events at the VFW. One of my favorite movie actors and hero was Audie Murphey and once his wife came to our itty bitty Podunk town to our VFW to give a talk on him and his contributions. Oh my... Someone took pictures of her and I together and I had them in my scrap book for years. (Long Lost Now) but the memories remain.

I didn't sleep well last night. Cisco didn't either. He kept going to the door and pushing it open and every time he did the light from the kitchen would wake me up. If I shut the door completely then he sat at the door and cried to get in. If I let him in, 5 minutes later he was going back out. So I got up and asked Nathan if I could please turn off the kitchen light and he said yeah he was going to bed anyway.
Finally started to drift off when Cisco began howling. I sat straight up in bed. He doesn't ever howl. I flipped on my light and he had Chicki and was playing, shaking him and tossing him in the air and howling. I said "What in the world are you doing?" He looked at me like I was the one crazy.
Jonathan stumbled into my room. "What's going on"... Cisco sat on his haunches and let out another long throated howl.... Tail thumping and a smile and eyes sparkling.. We don't know what he was trying to say but he was happy with himself.
We finally got back to bed but by then I was only able to toss and turn most of the night.

I am so glad that you got the fridge finally. It is funny that Sears moved and you couldn't find it. LOL. I know that it was aggravating at the time. When stores move and you don't know it until you need it. Glad that it worked out for you in the end but I am sure that you were upset to lose a whole bag of Pogo's dog food.

Edna please be careful in this heat. It is going to be a hot one for you today. Drink lots of fluid. I am sure that you will. We are staying home on the 4th and we might get some rain. With the heat index we are suppose to reach 105 today and tomorrow.
I better go, this comment is getting far to long. Hugs to you and Pogo... Love, Beth and Cisco.

smiekeltje said...

Good you finaly found the Sears. It is confusing, when you think you know where a shop is, and then find out that it has moved! Sweet of Janice to come with you, and great you found a good fridge.
Sorry to hear that your foot is still hurting. May be when I progress in reading your posts I will read, that the pain has gone ! Much belated but still Happy Birthday wishes to Deanne!
I will just comment short because I have to catch up a whole week of your posts! Didn;t get to the computer much, only a few times to read the mail. Didn;t feel all too well this week, my stomach decided it has been quiet for too long so had had some nasty periods with it.Well, yesterday it was quiet and today till now it is allright too so I hope it will be over for a long time again,
great that Jazzy already is paid for her singing!
Now see you at next post
Hug
Kyra