Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Welcome Cool Down

July 13, 2017

Good morning.  Tis gray and a bit cool outside, but it sure does feel nice.  It rained a bit last night, not too much I think.  Yesterday though, it poured!  There was lots of thunder rolling around up in the sky and then all of a sudden the rains came.  Boy oh boy, did they ever! 


After a while, the sun came out, and then the rain started up again while the sun was shining.  Pretty!  This time, the rain didn't last too long.  Later, a little after 9 p.m. I noticed it was raining again. 

This morning, the weather person on TV was saying that we would be having unhealthy hot and humid temps today, but I guess he really didn't mean us.  Our temps are supposed to be cool and damp.  (and they are) 

Speaking of my TV, when it started rebooting again the other morning, it worked itself out in a short time.  Phew!  Scared me for a while there!  It's been fine since then.  Except.....this morning most of the buttons on the remote don't work.  After playing around with the remote for about a half hour, I finally figured out how to change the station.    I tell you, this TV is going to drive me nuts!

Well, a couple of packages have already arrived.  One of the magazines that I ordered and the cleaning cloths for the car and the truck came in.  I'll have to keep a watch for the delivery trucks the next few days

Yesterday, DIL Janet came by after work.  I'd been hobbling around on my fat, sore feet all day and I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered pizza for our supper.  This made Pogo very happy.  I cut up a half slice on a plate for him, and it didn't take long for him to eat most all of it.  My pizza had green peppers on it, but Pogo enjoyed it anyway. 

I've been wanting to get my hair cut for quite some time now, so last night I handed a pair of scissors to Janet and asked her to cut it for me.  She did, and my head already feels better.  (Looks better, too!)  One of these days, I'll take a photo to share here.

Here's a photo of some of our yellow lilies that opened up a couple of days ago.  Such a burst of happy color to look out at.


I also have a new photo of my handsome little guy.  Last night, for some reason, he was willing to look up at me while I was trying to take a photo of him.  Hmmm, must have been all that pizza!


That long gray ear in the upper corner of Pogo's photo belongs to his big gray bunny that sits on the arm of his chair.  Pogo doesn't play with his bunny, but he likes having him close by.  Wow, can you believe?  I've had Pogo with me for five years.  Where has all the time gone?  Needless to say, I'm hoping for lots more years with this awesome little guy.

Well, today I'm not making any plans.  I'll just take things one at a time.  What will be, will be.  I think for starters, Pogo and I will sit out on the porch for a while.  After that, maybe I'll work a bit on my "project clean out" room. 

On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

We're still waiting for the monsoon to hit and cool us down a bit. We had one but it was at night and I didn't get to see the lightening and rain...slept right through it and missed it. Rats!
I'm struggling with my new TV as well trying to get it all set up and figuring out the remotes. Haven't even tried to see if I have the DVD player hooked up properly yet...one step at a time.