Monday, July 3, 2017

A Short Post Today

July 3, 2015

Good morning.  Goodness, it's been a busy morning already.  This past hour I've been busy with a contractor, getting an estimate for repair work on the front section of the driveway.  I asked a lot of questions and got a lot of answers.  Then I hired him.  Now I just have to wait for a work date. 

This morning, I realized that I forgot to put up the calendar page for July.  So here it is:


It feels like today will be another rather warm day.  I had thought that Pogo and I could get out on the porch early this morning but life had other plans for us.  I haven't even taken my Nebulizer meds yet.  Right now, I'm on hold with the cable company.  Every night round 2 am, they update the programming on the TV. and then they re-boot my TV.  Well, the TV has been re-booting every few minutes since around 2 am.  Hopefully, they can fix this quickly.  (somehow, I don't think so)

Oh boy, the mailman is here.  Be right back......Well, that wasn't fun!  He brought me two more tax bills.  This time for half of next year's real estate taxes.  Oh goody goody!

Here's a cute picture that I borrowed from the web.  For anyone whose house has a rustic charm, this would be the perfect set of beds for their doggies.


Well, time is flying by, and I still have to take my meds.  This will have to be a rather short post  Plus my TV still isn't working properly so I have to call the company again.  Somehow I didn't think this would be fixed in a short amount of time.  Ah well.  Such is life.

Now I really do have to take my meds.  On this happy note, I'm off.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna and Master Pogo!

As I flipped my calendar over for July, I was admiring the photo that you chose. The Yellow Rose of Texas keeps playing in my head. I just love that song and this photo sure brings out the patriotic side of me.

We will be staying home however for the 4th of July. Trying to get downtown and back home would be a traffic nightmare, and on top of it costs so much to park and then all of the walking to get to a spot, if your lucky. I know that the boys don't care to go and I don't care to go either. So we might grill hot dogs and hamburgers or something.

I am glad that you were able to get the contractor and a price and here is hoping that you will be able to get a work date set soon. I am sure that everyone is going to just love having to find a parking spot that will keep their cars out of the way and safe so that the workers can do the work that needs to be done.

I am sorry about your tv. What a pain that is! I know that it is good company for you and Pogo, but perhaps until it is fixed you can listen to some good music in the mean time.

I am off to lay down a while before time to cook dinner, if I even bother. Have a wonderful day my sweet friend and speak to you soon. Hugs and Kisses from Cisco and Me... xoxoxoxxo Beth

smiekeltje said...

Oh, what a mess it is when tv isn;t working suddenly properly! And it takes such a long time often, before they fix it! Hope during the day it was done and good!
Brrr, those tax bills aren;t very funny one! I came to conclusion one day or another, that mail isn;t very happy and funny anymore. In earlier times, there often where some letters from friends or family, or postcards and of course also some bills, but it was still a good mix.
\Nowadays, because we do a lot by email and internet, the funny part of receiving proper mail is almost gone.
See you next post LOL
Hug
Kyra