Friday, July 14, 2017

A Fun Way To Travel

July 14, 2017

Good morning.  Well, it's looking quite gray outside, and today's temps should be in the seventies.  It will be hot again soon, so this is a nice change for a while.  It's also a bit damp, so Pogo and I only sit out on the porch for a short while before coming back inside.  The fresh air is nice but we don't want to be catching any colds.

Well, yesterday wasn't a day for big achievements here.  I did wash and dry all of Pogo's blankets, but that's about it.  Today I'll have to exert a little bit more energy.  The "clean out" project is waiting patiently for me to get back to it. 

Last evening, I finished the scarlet hat and scarf set.  I'll take photos later today.  I also finished the Peacock blue baby blanket, and almost finished the red, white and blue afghan.  I think I'll try to do two or three more rows on the afghan before calling it finished.  After that, I really should get busy and finish the blue afghan.  It shouldn't take too long because it is already half done. 

While I was uncovering old treasures the other day, I came across my very first stethoscope.  It was purple and I was quite proud of it.  Daughter Deanne will remember this too.  We both got ours at the same time.  We don't use them anymore, but they bring up some wonderful memories.


Do any of you get the AARP newspaper every month?  This last issue had some really interesting articles, and one that I thought was very interesting indeed.  These teardrop campers first appeared in the 1930's and began fading in popularity in the 1960's when folks wanted the RV.  Click on the photo to make it larger.


According to the article, older folks are trying to simplify and scale back.  The typical buyer is a couple of years away from retirement, and often has roots in camping.  These trailers range in price from $500 for a build-it-yourself kit to $20,000 for a fully loaded luxury unit with air-conditioning and an entertainment center.  Sound interesting?  You know, if I could learn to get rid of a lot of things (most everything) this could be great for Pogo and me.  Hmmmm.

My friend Rhoda sent me a most entertaining video.  It's called "Jazz For Cows" and you really should check it out.  It's absolutely heartwarming.  I loved it.  Thank you, Rhoda.  Here's the link:
http://www.youtube-nocookie. com/embed/lXKDu6cdXLI?rel=0

That's about it for my news this morning.  Now I think I'll attack the dishes in the kitchen sink.  After that, I want to finish up that red, white and blue afghan.  First, let me share something cute that I borrowed from  the web.  We all know someone like this who needs a hug. Right?  haha.


I'm off now.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH My Gosh Edna, those little tear drop trailers bring back memories. In the town where we use to live they had a company called Casita. It was really popular. They are really bigger than they appear, but for me it is just way too small. We are actually looking for a house with a guest house in the back. It would be perfect for me. We have come across two but I don't know if we will attempt that or not.
We also looked at some double wide trailers. Our lease ends in October here and Karyn's in December. It's not that we don't like living here, we do, but the amount of money we spend in rent alone would be a house payment with enough left over for insurance. But Karyn and Joe said that they would take a small trailer such as the one that you posted!

I use to have a nice stethoscope as well so I could check Nathan during an asthma attack. I wonder what ever became of it. Funny how you don't miss something unless you see it again. Mine was standard black. I love yours, Purple.. Somehow that sounds just like you!

Give hugs to Pogo and to you too. Cisco is asleep all cuddled in his bed. I can't thank you enough for that gift for him. The other day I put it in the living room for him so when he had a bath he wouldn't get water all over my carpet and shut my door. Jonathan knocked on my door and said.. Look what your boy just did... Cisco drug the bed back to my door and was trying to get it inside. He knows where his bed should be lol.
Have a wonderful day... Beth and Cisco xoxoxoxxo