Tuesday, February 9, 2016

This Is A Few Snow Flakes??

February 9, 2016

Good morning.  Gosh, this snow doesn't seem to want to leave us.  The weather man just said that we could probably have a few snow flakes fall, and light snow showers during the day.  I hate to burst his bubble, but the snow hasn't stopped here yet from yesterday.  Yes, it is very light, but this is what a few snow flakes looks like this morning.


I guess Winter has decided that we need a lesson in cold.  This weekend our night time temps are supposed to be in the below zero digits.  Actually, Thursday night is supposed to be 0 or 1.  This is definitely not my happy cup of tea. 

I may have to change Pogo's grooming appointment to next week.  This week is going to be just too cold for him to have his hair cut.  He is very low to the floor, and the cold temps come up through the carpeting when it is really cold. 

I am slowly recovering from my cold/bug.  What I need is a huge dose of warm temps.  Somehow I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.  However, in two and half weeks, Pogo and I will be on our way to sunny Florida.  We can languish in the sun and warmth for two whole weeks. 

Yesterday afternoon, I spent a few more hours working on my tax stuff.  I think I'm up to the part where I have to start totaling all the columns.  Then I have to find the right place to put the figures on the tax forms.  Hmmm, I wonder why I need an accountant?  In two weeks, these taxes should be done. 

Gosh, this is going to be a hectic two weeks.  There's so much to do.  Lists to type, things to clean, suitcases to pack, grooming for Pogo, (and hopefully for me too), tax appointment,  make sure fuel oil is full, and the list goes on.  Come to think of it, I haven't reserved my rental car yet either. 

Before I get started on this new busy day, I have a cute photo to share of one of Pogo's friends.  This is Cisco.  He lives in Texas, and he loves cuddling inside fuzzy blankets and his mommy's fuzzy bathrobe too. 


Remember that time I mentioned that I caught Pogo shopping on my laptop?  Well, he was ordering a box of cookies for his friend Cisco.  I got the order confirmation in my email.  He's a real sweetie, my Pogo.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

Love reading your post. I feel like we are having a personal visit. That is a lot of snow, but glad we do not have it.

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Cisco yowls at me for his treat from Pogo. He will go to the closet door, look back at me and makes this adorable sound, a half bark and a half yowl. He has never done that before!

A few snowflakes... Oh my goodness. It sure looks like a lot. When is supposed to stop? or is this the end of this particular storm? Wind is playing havoc here. I can hear it coming thru my window.

Not feeling my best today. I think that I am going back to hibernate under my new quilt. I just love the texture of it. And the bright colors seem to comfort me as well.

Give Pogo our love. Cisco especially sends his pal woofy greetings.. Love Beth and Cisco.
P.S. Sorry for your Tax blues. They are certainly a pain in the backside!

Debby said...

We have our first sticking snow. Not going anywhere til I feel better. Another laptop puppy. Pogo and Hank could be buddies.

smiekeltje said...

Hmm, still no real improvement on your cold or flu. Not good. Couldn;t you ask somebody else to drive you to the doctor?
All that snow isn't helping either. We all definately need sunshine and warmth of it for a long time.
Gosh, I just have to send copies of all needed papers to my accountant and he fills in all the stuff in the right places. So he does the tricky and nasty work for me.
Going to try to write a post and see if it will stay dry enough for a longer time to pop out to the market.
Hug and try to stay warm and sweat all the bugs out!
Kyra