Friday, February 12, 2016

Oh My Gosh, It Is Too Ccccccold For Me!!!

February 12, 2016

Good morning from the freezer section of New England.  I'm beginning to look and feel like an old popsicle wrapped in a fleece bathrobe.  Even Pogo is snuggled beneath a mountain of fuzzy blankets.  I have to give a lot of credit to the folks who can handle this type of cold weather.  Obviously, I'm not one of them.  I'm one of the "Wimpy" folks.

Last night, I left the water running just a little in my bathroom and the downstairs bathroom in the house.  This morning, so far, they are still running.  That's a plus.  Of course, the really cold hasn't hit us yet.  It's on it's way.

We are supposed to get a break in this cold snap by Monday, when the temps will warm up.  Do you suppose if I start wishing away the weekend now it will work?  Hmmm, I didn't think so.  I'd like to take all this wicked cold and blow it down into Punxsutawney Phil's ground hog hole.  Let's see how he likes his "early Spring" weather.

How many of you found the kitty hiding in yesterday's puzzle image?  For those of you who haven't found the kitty, here's the answer.  I've placed a red circle around the kitty.  I really like tricky puzzles like this one.  It's good for the brain.

I downloaded a photo of my granddaughter Mia from her FB.  It's such a fun photo of her playing with a dolphin in sunny Florida.  This lovely young lady was a cheerleader all through high school, and to date still competes in national cheerleading competitions while holding down a full time job.  Mia, I'm so very proud of you.


I also have an adorable scrap page to share with you.  Beth made this page that features Pogo and some tiny country mice.  Oh oh, Pogo does not like mice!!  We had a mouse in our living room once, and it drove Pogo crazy.  Beth, it's a great scrap page.  We love it!!


Today is grocery shopping day, but I don't really need anything so maybe I won't go.  However, I will start my car once or twice, just to make sure it still works.  Well, that's about all my news for today.  My arms are wanting to get back under my fuzzy green blanket.  They keep popping out into the cold as I type.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I cannot believe that I looked at the kitty a hundred times and never found him! Thanks for the answer, now I can stop looking!

Seeing your weather is really distressing. It is a good idea to keep the water dripping thru the pipes. They recommend that we do the same here but so far we have not had a hard freeze at all. It got down to 29 once I can think of. We usually do not have to worry about pipes freezing until it gets around 18 or 19 then we will keep the water on.

Cisco and I just got back from our morning walk. I made him breakfast but he decided to go back to bed. He woke me up this morning nuzzling my neck. I cuddled with him for a bit but he wanted up and out so I tossed on my robe and out we went.

I am glad that you liked the page of Pogo and the mice. I made it from a new kit that came out from one of the designers that I CT for. It is such a cute kit. And I just love using pictures of Pogo when I can.

I am hungry so I guess I will go and see what is in the pantry and fridge. Nothing that I really want I am sure. We will go grocery shopping on Sunday.
You and Pogo stay warm! Hugs, Cisco and Beth

Debby said...

Stay warm. It's cold here too. I have been in for two weeks trying to feel better. Too cold to go anywhere anyway. Cute picture of your granddaughter and of course, Pogo. Hugs

smiekeltje said...

Brrrrrr, it sounds really cold. May be it will be only for a few days more and then goes up??? wse can only hope.
Looks nice here today. I see blue sky and sunshine, although nights are around freezing here.
That might be a bit warmer too.
I am rather stuck to the tv now, because there is speed skating going on for world chamionships different distances and till now we are doing great.
So if I get too cold, I just take my fleece blanket and curl in and that feels good LOL.
Just stay warm and Pogo too, hopefully you will not get any trouble of freezing pipes!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Mia sure looks like you...lucky girl! When are you heading south for some R&R?