Sunday, February 21, 2016

A New "Rosie"

February 21, 2016

Good morning.  It's another beautiful sunny day here in my little part of New England.  There are lots of little green things pushing up through the ground.  Jonquils, irises, lilies, chickens and hens, etc.  With the crazy weather pattern we've been having this year, it's no wonder that the plants don't know what to do.  I hope this popping up early doesn't hurt them from growing and blossoming later.

Daughter Deanne stopped by yesterday afternoon, and as she was leaving, we spotted a new critter visiting our yard.  It looked just like Rosie Raccoon who used to live in my backyard.  We took out some peanuts and Deanne threw them over by the tree with the squirrel feeder.

I got my camera and took some photos of our "New Rosie."  Gosh, she's a real cutie.  And hungry too!   She ate some of the peanuts, and then climbed the tree to look for more food in the squirrel feeder.




We'll have to start putting out some extra food in case our raccoon comes back looking for a meal.  If she keeps coming by, I'll put out a water bowl for her. 

I've started packing my suitcase already.  And my new tote/purse has room for all my important items in it.  I just hope it won't be too heavy to carry.  I'll work on that this week.  Tomorrow, I need to make a trip to the post office to mail off a couple of packages.  Maybe while we're out, Pogo and I can  take a ride through the park.  Sounds like a super plan.

This will be a very busy week.  Pogo has his doctor appointment on Tuesday, and I see the tax accountant on Wednesday.  By Sunday, we'll be on a plane to Florida.  Woo Hoo!!

I got a late start here posting this morning because I've been busy doing all sorts of things around the house.  Now I need to see about some brunch for Pogo and me.  He's being very patient, lying next to me waiting for me to finish this post.  On that note, I'll make my way out to the kitchen.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Spring is such a lovely time with all the flowers emerging and new baby animals being born. Raccoons are so cute and fun to watch.

smiekeltje said...

Rosie is just lovely to see!
It suddenly is going fast the time! already end of the week you are heading for Florida? Gosh.
Then I can imagine you have a busy week ahead, but just imagine then the quiet and peace and hopefully good weather you will experience later!
It is kind of rainy at the moment, but we have a lot less wind today which is nice.
It is said that later today it will become dry and even perhaps some rays of sunlight. if so, I might make a trip to the market.
Not sure yet.
ou have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra