Thursday, June 11, 2015

Windows Lined With Gold?

June 11. 2015

Good morning.  It's looking a bit cloudy here at the moment, but it's only 8:30 a.m.  It's supposed to get quite warm today.  (about 90)  Right now, it's around 72F with a light breeze.  There are little birds chirping outside my door, so that makes it all feel nice. 

Well, let me tell you what a fiasco yesterday turned out to be.  The window man did show up with a whole car full of samples, and explained all  the window options to me.  The part I couldn't get past was the cost.  Mind you, we were only talking about replacing ten windows.  The cost would be between $14,000 and $19,000 depending on what discounts he could give me.  GULP!!!

The salesman would like to have signed a work contract before leaving here, but I told him I would have to give this some serious thought.  For the record, his windows were fabulous, but just a bit pricey for me.

Meanwhile, I was still waiting for the Building Commissioner to show up.  Well, I waited.  And waited.  Nope, he never showed up, nor did he call to say why he would be a no-show.   Sounds about right for a government worker.  They don't seem to have much respect for the little man's time.

So, today I'm hoping to go to Home Depot to look at their windows, and get some prices.  I'll also price the kitchen cabinets.  Then I want to call a few contractors to see about getting plans and prices for a small porch.  This should be another busy day.

I've slowed down a bit on my crocheting and TV watching.  I mean, I plan on it, and I get all comfy in my chair in the evening.  But then I fall asleep for a few hours and miss whatever program it was that I was wanting to watch.  Thank goodness I know how to set programs up to record. 

Today I have a photo of the pansies that have been planted in my small kiln. The other photo shows the pretty white blossoms on the large rose bush that is just outside my door.



Well, that's my news for this morning.  It's time for me to get dressed so that Pogo and I can go shopping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a simply beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello you two! I know it has been awhile since I've visited, actually I have, just didn't take the time to comment....I know, lazy, lazy, lazy! ROFLMAO! Yesterday I was so lazy I never even got out of my night gown...now that is LAZY! However, with the 100+ temp and all that humidity, who wanted to go anywhere and besides if I stay home, no spending of money....right? I didn't do mush on the computer either, because that can lead to spending as well...I am watching my budget right now...LOL! Wow, too pricey on the windows for sure...I got mine through Home Depot a few years back and love, love, love them and for 6 windows, new screens and 2 outside doors with the blinds in the windows and them installing all only cost be $4k....so, I hope you find a good price from them. Love your photos, my pansies have finally bit the dust, I think it is just too hot for them now, but my geraniums and hibiscus are so gorgeous! Off here so I can get my hiney off this chair a bit...y'all have fun on your excursion today! Chat more later, Hugs, Mat

Unknown said...

Edna,
I did forget to tell you to check on an estimate with Home Depot as well... uhhhh duuuhhh that is me!

I have spent most of the day sleeping. I am so very tired of late. I plan on doing something and then I get really tired. Cisco woke me up by pawing me in the head. He wanted to go out so I opened the door and called out to Jonathan to take him out for me.

I had a special dinner planned for tonight but it will have to wait for tomorrow as it takes a while for my ribs to simmer and I really am thinking that it will be good to make some potato salad to go with them. Just not today.

I wish you and Pogo a really great evening... Hugs, Beth