Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

June 10, 2015

Good morning.  It's 3:25 a.m., and after tossing and turning for the longest time, I decided it was best to get up and have breakfast and write on my blog.  I can nap later.  I think my problem is that I have just too much on my mind. 

Tuesday was a busy day as far as brain power goes.  I did a lot of research on the web, looking up window installers, and I made several phone calls to get information and set up appointments to get cost estimates.  I have a couple people coming out this afternoon to talk prices.

Next I have to decide how many windows I want to replace this year.  I'm thinking maybe ten windows will be good for this year.  Now I just have to choose which windows will be replaced.  Gosh, decisions, decisions.

I also called Town Hall to see about which permits were needed to build a porch, and what else is involved on the legal end of things.  Needless to say, I was quite discouraged.  Aside for several fees and permits, the town requires a blueprint, plot plans and all sorts of other things.  Building a small porch has now become a huge, very expensive proposition. 

I may decide I don't need the porch after all.   Today, the building commissioner will stop by to let me know whether or not I can build my small porch.   I really don't want him coming by, but I couldn't think of a polite way to tell him that.

Most of this took a toll on my brain power, and left me quite tired.  I did try napping, but that wasn't working out so good.  Thank goodness I was smart enough not to try crocheting. 

The rain that we were expecting in the morning never came our way.  Late in the afternoon, a cloud flew over us and dropped a few raindrops, but that was it.  I imagine though that the rain will catch up with us one of these days.

Some time after nine o'clock last night, there was a three vehicle accident right in front of our house.  Of course, this meant that all the neighbors had to go outside to have a look.  It's funny how human nature is sometimes.  We see an accident, and we have to rush out to have a look. 

Today I have more photos from my garden.  I'll have to take more photos, because the roses are all starting to bloom now, and it's looking quite pretty on that side of the house.




Well, that's about it for today's news.  My eyes are beginning to feel a bit heavy, and I'm thinking that maybe I can try for a nap.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

What lovely flowers - I've not seen a bush like that. I need to get out and photo some of our flower beds here before the heat wilts them.

Unknown said...

Edna,

I do hope that you will get your porch. I know that you and Pogo would enjoy it so much, but I also know how expensive that kind of work is and I really hope that it all works out. Especially the windows as well.

It has been a very lazy few days. I haven't even really been on the computer. Just been sleeping and reading and sleeping some more. Jonathan is not feeling up to par. He has a sore throat and so he has a doctors appointment today.

I caught up reading your blog around 3:00am this morning. What lovely pictures of Kevin and his date and friends all dressed up for the Prom. Oh what memories that brings back for us parents and grand parents. What a handsome group!

Karyn had her birthday yesterday and it did not turn out to be such a great one. She was opening a window and her hand slipped and hit the fan that was in the window and cut her hand really bad. It peeled her thumb nail completely back. She needs to go to the doctor for a tetanus shot and have it wrapped properly but what do I know, I am just her mama.

My new insurance kicked in and I have a doctor appointment but it is a month out. So I have time to get some of my things in order. I cant schedule transportation until Monday. Well I could tomorrow, but I think that I will just wait until Monday when I schedule the rest of the appointments.

I need to go and work on my blog. I haven't been online much at all these past few days so I need to go and update it so have a great day and nap when you can... Hugs, Beth and Cisco.