Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The "Cold Bug" Has Got Me

January 15, 2013

It's almost good afternoon.  Sorry, but I've been sick as a dog with a nasty cold.  This will probably be a short post.  I'm doing my best to just breathe.  I can handle a lot of things, but my "wimpy" comes out when I get a bad cold.  I just feel so bad for Pogo.  He wants so much to play, and I don't want to be breathing all over him.

I was asked what makes me happy.  It's rather hard to pinpoint, but it's a lot of little things.  This morning, Pogo started playing with his newest toy, a fat little pink and red elephant.  He was tossing it around and then chasing after it.  Now this makes me very happy.

Yesterday afternoon, I came to my blog to read comments and thought I heard music.  Well gosh and be golly!  My music player here at the bottom of my blog was back and playing music.  Now this makes me very happy!  (You can click on any song you want to hear, and it will play.  Just turn up your volume.)

The mail came this morning and with it came my newest blog book.  Woo Hoo!  Now this makes me happy.  When I read the comments on my blog, that makes me happy.  When I look at a flower, or take a nice photo, that makes me happy.  When I make a new photo art, I get all excited and want to share it.  This, too, makes me happy.

It's just so many little things that make me happy.  I'm sort of like a cheap date.  It doesn't take much to amuse me and make me happy.  By the same token, when I'm crabby, I'm very crabby and any little thing will make me crabbier. 

Yesterday, I forgot to post my photo for Mandarin Orange Monday.  So I'll post it now, and then it's back to bed for me.    This is a close up of a mum.  In the second photo I've cropped it even more and then applied the HDR toning blend in Photoshop.



I don't know, I think I like the original better.  Well, now I think I need to feed Pogo.  He's looking at me with that "feed me" look on his face.  Then I will hop back into bed.  If you can, make sure you all have your flu shot, and stay well.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a great day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

lorik said...

Thank you Edna for leaving your sickbed to post your orange flowers on MoM:) I like both - but I think the second is more dramatic - and they are both the most beautiful rich orange.
I am sorry you aren't feeling well - but I am glad you are still able to feel happy and enjoy little things. I hope you are feeling better soon.

lorik said...

Edna I just looked at your song list - unfortunately won't play "in my country". But i got goose bumps reading the titles - just about every single one is an old favourite of mine - especially Patsy's Crazy:)

Debby said...

Feel better Miss Edna. Get lots of rest. I'm sure Pogo likes snuggling with you.

smiekeltje said...

Oh damn, those aweful colds and flu! Hopefully a couple of days in bed(well, most of the time), will chase it away.
Like you, there aren;t big things necessary to make me feel happy. If we really think about it, it are the little things that do the trick.
Snuggle with Pogo in bed, keep warm, be aware of drafts!
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

I think I like the original better too. It's so pretty and so orange all on its own!

Now as for your cold... Hot tea and lots of rest and anything else you take to treat a cold and make it more bearable. I want my flu to start the year to win the Icky Cup amongst all my friends this year. Everyone has to stay healthy or gets better fast. I'm not good at competition so I really need you to do this for me. ;)

Seriously, feel better so you can snuggle with Pogo and enjoy all of the things that make you happy.

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I was talking about you to a friend yesterday ... I think I used the term "a breath of fresh air". That is perfect for you. You are so honest and sincere, it is truly like a breath of fresh air each time I come to read your blog.

Now, even with a bad cold, you find a way to focus on the positive. And don't worry about breathing on Pogo, he can't get your cold:) Snuggles are good treatment for you along with all of the other cold fixin's. I hope you had your flu shot ... I wouldn't want your cold to evolve into something more ... and I know you won't be going to work until you are better because you said on an earlier post that, that is probably where you caught it. Hope the Mrs. didn't get it as well ...

When you get a chance, hop over to my blog. I posted "Bird's" picture for you (and scroll on down to see some Izzi and Granddaughter pictures that you will enjoy). I thought you might enjoy seeing the little fella I had been talking about for a week. Now, you go back to bed, snuggle your little buddy and rest. I will look for you later and hope that I find you feeling much better :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Love that the music is back cause it plays a lot of my favorites! LOL!
So sorry the cold bug has you in its grips, hope it doesn't last too long! Great orange mums, both photos! Stay warm and rest so you will feel better soon. Hugs (from afar) as I don't want it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

This means i make a database using mysql and a website
using joomla then when i click a link from the web i
could directly retrieve the information from mysql server.


My webpage: magic submitter software
Feel free to surf my site magic submitter bonus