Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Surprise Gift In My Mail

January 19, 2013

It's a cold Saturday morning here in my little part of the world.  We are currently at 33 degrees F headed for 46 degrees.  In a few days though, our high will be 20 with a low of 8.  Brrr.

I got to watch a lot of television this week, and well, you know me.  I notice mistakes and oddities in commercials, etc.   The newest Nationwide auto insurance ad tells how their customers are looking both ways before going forward.  They are not texting or talking on their cellphones.  They are stopping for squirrels, cows, chickens and anything else that is on the road.

Golly gee, if only this were so!  I'm wondering which drivers they followed for this survey.  If the ad is correct, then we have no Nationwide customers in my part of the country.    It's becoming an oddity to see a person driving a car without talking or texting on their cellphone.

Likewise, crosswalks are becoming useless.  We spend a lot of money painting crosswalks on our streets so that pedestrians can cross safely.  However, it is quite rare to see anyone actually using these crosswalks.  Today, people just cross where ever and when ever they want to.  Not many of them even bother too see if there is any traffic coming.  I guess they figure it's up to the drivers to stay clear of them. 

The newspaper had an article yesterday about a recent study on why or how most people get hit by vehicles.  The bottom line was that most incidents were caused by people walking out in front of vehicles.  How smart is that? 

Enough rants.  How about something nice?  I opened my mail yesterday to find an awesome gift from Kyra.(Russian-Dutch Heart Design)   It was a beautiful layout featuring Pogo.   Isn't this great?  Kyra, I just love it!  Thank you so much.  This really brightened up my day!


She made this layout with her new kit "Hope In Dark Corners" which she will be posting on her blog in the near future.  Here is a preview of this beautiful kit.


Every week, Kyra posts some really wonderful kits on her blog.  They're beautiful and they're free.  And her friend Arlene makes some really gorgeous clusters from Kyra's kits.  These are also posted on Kyra's blog.  So don't forget to stop by and say hello while you gather up some great freebies.

That's all my news for this  morning.  Now I'm going to make a cup of coffee and catch up on some blog reading.  I'm taking one more day off work to rest up before going back to work most likely tomorrow night.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning! What a beautiful and lovely surprise! Kyra is just the sweetest thing isn't she? I have been getting her kits forever, since I started digiscrapping in 2006! She has always been so very generous and I just adore her blog!
So glad you are feeling better! Very wise to take an extra day, those that have had relapses have really had a rough time with it! Hope you really feel up to par before you return to work!
Supposed to be nice and warm here for a few days, maybe I can finish getting up all those leaves in my back yard! LOL!
Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a message, I really appreciate it!
You & Pogo have a terrific weekend and stay well! Hugs!! Mat

smiekeltje said...

It's amazing what stupid things they put in ads and then think that we might believe it??
Unfortunately there are still too many people who take it for the truth.
Wow, what a great advertising you did for my blog, thanks so much and so sweet to mention Arlene too.
It's good you take another day before going to work again.
Hopefully you are feeling a lot better now. And now crossing fingers it will not come back. that bloody cold of yours!!
Will be busy today making previews of Arlene's clusters she just sent me.
She made them of several kits, so it will take a bit time, with the uploading and such. doesn;t matter, I have a "free"day today LOL.
Enjoy your extra day, stay warm, and have some fun with Pogo. Cuddle for him from Holland!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

That's a nice collage of Pogo - I'm just learning how to do this kind of thing and like the looks of it a lot.