Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Good News And Bad News

July 17, 2012 

Good morning.  It's looking mighty nice, but hot hot hot, outside this morning.  I will leave it out there until later when it's time to go visit the animal shelter.    Today I have good news and bad news.  Which should I tell first?  How about the bad news?  I won't be posting Parts 3 & 4 of "Summer Fun" today.  Su thinks she will be ready by tomorrow, so I will wait and then post then too.

Now the good news.  It appears that it was a less harmful spider that bit me.  My doctor says that because I am allergic to insect bites,  most of my problems are because of the allergic reaction to the bite.  The reason it spread so quickly and so far?  Remember all those wonderful exercises that I have been doing?  Got my blood churning pretty good, and carried the infection all over. 

So now I am on another medication (along with the others) to help knock the poison out of my system.   It seems to be helping somewhat because I did not itch at all throughout the night.  That alone is a plus.  I have another doctor appointment for next Monday afternoon, unless of course, it doesn't get better then I will go back earlier.

So, more bad news is that I cannot be doing anything strenuous (my exercises) until this is all cleared up.  The good news is that I had lost a pound from all that exercise.  It doesn't sound like much, but if I can lose a pound every week I'll be quite happy.  Of course, it will be a few years before I can actually fit into a bikini, but then I haven't seen too many bikini's in the stores for little old ladies either.

Wayne is coming by tonight to see about fixing my regular laptop and to install the security program into my desktop PC.  My little laptop has Kaspersky in it, and so far so good.  It just seems to run a speck slower than it used to.  The laptop and the desktop PC both have Norton.  I will be replacing this Norton.  It used to be pretty good, but I'm not so keen on it now.  Kyra has suggested a new program for me to try, so I shall look into that later today. 

I can hear you thinking "Why so many computers?"  My desktop PC is easier to use.  It has a 23 inch monitor and is more comfortable to sit at when working on projects.  My laptop travels with me to work, etc.  Last winter, I bought the baby laptop for vacation travel because it so much lighter and easier to carry in a travel bag. (and because Norton let a nasty bug into my PC and regular laptop.)   This little baby has already paid for itself.

I do have a couple of photos to share today.  The first one shows one of my lilies.  It's a good thing that orange is my favorite color because these spread everywhere, and so far the yard critters haven't eaten them.  (They only like the expensive plants!) 


I will have to work on learning white balance.  That blue background is actually white, in very bright sun.  This next photo was taken through the Mrs' front window.   I haven't seen too many of these little hummingbirds lately.  I wonder if maybe they don't like the heat? 


I am still behind one lesson in my photo class.  Night portraiture should really be easy, but only if you have someone to photograph after dark.  My dwarfs are not so keen to pose for the camera, but  I have an idea.  If my granddaughter is going to be home one night this week, I am going to drive over to her house and try shooting some candlelight photos.  Gosh, why didn't I think of this before? 

After that, hopefully there will be more lessons ready.  That is my one problem with these classes.  They seem to so far and few between.  Five classes a month has turned into four or five classes in six or seven months.  It's very discouraging and takes away my incentive to do the lessons sooner.

Now I want to get dressed and do a little something around here.  Hmmmm, the doctor said nothing strenuous, so I guess that lets out most everything but the laundry.  I think I can handle that!!!  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so glad you have addressed the problem with your leg and that hopefully it will soon be on the mend.
The candlelight photo sounds wonderful. I'm always surprised at how late in the day you can get really good photos.

Nani said...

Whew! No baby spider nest! :)

Hope they can clear it up quickly. Doesn't if feel good in a morbid kind of way, to hear that it's spreading because you are too active and take too go of care of yourself? ;)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Happy to hear that the bite isn't as bad as we thought. So taking the advice of the doctor it should heal pretty soon.
Hey, also good news about the weight loss. Well, it has to wait now for a while, but it encourages to move on with the excercises, later.
Oh, I have a link for you for some reviews of several internet protection programs. May be it's a little help.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm

Take a lazy day,
Hug
Kyra

Mats World said...

Terrific photos. love the lily shot. Still catching up :)!