Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Visit With Billie Jean

July 19, 2012

We're having a rather damp gray start this morning, but the weatherman says it should be dry and about 83 F degrees.  It's about 70 F at the moment, and my car is covered with raindrops.  The plus
though, is that it has been much cooler since yesterday afternoon. 

Yesterday, we all went to visit the animal shelter to look at all the pets waiting for their forever homes.  I wanted to see one little dog in particular, Billie Jean.  Oh my, such a tiny love she turned out to be.  She has recently had surgery on her shoulder to put in a bone that she was born without, and will be needing physical therapy for a while till she learns to walk on that leg.  Right now, she holds it close to her body. 



I got these photos of Billie Jean off the website.  Isn't she just the cutest little thing?  If I did get to adopt her, I would definitely change her name.  However, I am not the only person who has applied to adopt this little beauty.  I shall just have to wait and see.  I did get to cuddle with her and take her outside for a little while (on a leash). 

We stayed at the shelter quite a while and looked at all of their pets.  Room by room, cage by cage, you just keep falling in love over and over.  It's really a bit difficult to make yourself leave the building.  Once we finally did go back to the car, the heavens opened up and dumped lots of fat slurpy raindrops.


I tried to catch the first batch of raindrops falling on the windshield because they were large circles with patterns of drops that looked something like paw prints.   I wasn't quick enough to make it a clear shot, but I still like the photo.   Here is another shot of the windshield.


And here's another one.  This one shows how quickly these big fat drops were coming down.  As soon as the wiper blade would wipe them off the window,  they were quickly replaced. 


All of this was quickly followed by large dark clouds, thunder, lightning, and of course, more rain.   Here is a shot of the clouds above our car (taken through the sun roof window).


I was probably the only nut riding in a car, with a camera, taking photos of the rain, etc.  But then that's part of the fun of photography.  Especially the digital kind.  Tomorrow, I'll probably have a couple pix of the actual rain shots that I took showing the visibility.

While we were sitting at a traffic light, I took photos of a flag that was waving high up on a flagpole.  I want to see if I can learn to put them all together animated.  Now that will be fun to learn. 

Now I think I need to get busy here.  Tomorrow it's back to work, so I probably should do the laundry.  I also want to order my next blog book (Jan-June, 2012).  As for an update on my buggy itchies, I'm coping.  Each day, the itch seems to lesson just a bit, so hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel will be coming soon.  I'm not holding my breath, though, as it's already been more than two weeks.

Here's a preview of Su's kit parts.  If you haven't been to Su's blog yet, please do so. 


Well, that's my news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Billie Jean is so cute, cute, cute, good luck with the adoption process. Love the raindrop photos and the clouds sure look angry, bet you enjoy the cooler temps though, they are only climbing higher here with no rain in site...but that is summer in Texas...LOL! Have a great day! Hugs!!

smiekeltje said...

Billy Jean looks real cute! But I can imagine how difficult it is to walk around the shelter and see ALL those wonderful pets, A:LL waiting for a nice person to take them home, making a choice must be tremendous difficult.
Oh whee, you really had some rain there, good you were in your car!
But a bit coller temps doesn;t sound to bad at all.
Have a wonderful day, quiet shift
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Those raindrop photos would make a nice texture filter.
I've never been a big fan of chichuhas, but she is cute. Her legs look so much longer than normal.