Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Too Much Rain Is Not So Good For The Garden

June 5, 2012

Good morning.  Well, it's really almost afternoon.  I had a few things to do this morning, and then I got caught up in my emails and blog hopping.  Gosh, it is so damp and raw outside that it's chilly inside too.  I just turned on the electric fireplace and dug out a sweater.  Brrrr.

I heard from Su and she's really not feeling so good, so I think we'll just post the new kit starting next Monday.  I'll work up another freebie or two for you for being so patient with us.  Meanwhile, if there are any special themes you would like us to make kits for, please let us know.  We aim to please.

There's not a lot of news for today.  When the weather is like this, I really don't have the energy to do a lot.  And, Tootsie and I don't go outside unless we have to.  We need the sunshine.  I thought about having a five hour energy drink, but then I figured "why waste it?"  I'll just save it for a better day. 

I'm checking into a new phone that sounds pretty good.  It's called Consumer Cellular, and they have fairly reasonable rates with good coverage.  Right now, I'm leaning toward T-Mobile, but first I want to check out all my options. 

Today's photos are ones that I took a week ago while Joe was watering the garden on the other side of the house.  As you can see, there weren't too many blooms yet which is a good thing.  This rain has wrecked a lot of flower gardens.  This week we have a few peony blossoms,  but so far they still look pretty good.



I also made a layout for this week's photo theme at Hummies World forum.  The theme was "Made By Me".  This was easy because I've been hand crafting things since I was a kid.  For my layout, I chose two items, greeting cards and jewelry.  I've gotten away from a lot of these fun projects during these last few years. My camera and computer have opened new ways for me to be creative.


 I'm watching the weather channel too see if there's any hope of seeing the sun later this afternoon.  I was hoping for a chance to see Venus crossing the sun and maybe get a photo.  Right now, it's not looking looking so good.

Now I'm going to make some lunch for Tootsie and me.  Here's hoping your weather is nicer than ours.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

The garden looks not bad at all. Now it needs time to grwo, but it will need sunshine! Like we do. Today is looking a bit gloomy, and it's raining. Yak.
Have to be a bit quick today. You can reed why in my blogpost.
Have a nice day!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

That garden is going to look marvelous in time!

Nani said...

I liked your “Made by Me” layout. I used 5o make cards, but they didn’t look as good as the greeting cards in your layout! The last “made by me” type challenge I did I highlighted my cooking!