Friday, June 22, 2012

The Heat Wave Will Be Ending Soon

June 22, 2012

Good morning.  At the moment, it is quite lovely outside.  The temp is around 72F, but will soon be in the 90's again.  Later we are expecting some thunder showers.  Last night was certainly not a good night for sleeping.  Not only was it hot, but it was muggy.  I finally had to shut off the dehumidifier around 1 a.m. because I had already emptied out the water container twice. 

This morning I am at work, and God willing, the Mrs will not give me a hard time later when I have to put the air conditioner on.  She's in her nineties, and doesn't seem to feel the heat like the rest of us do.   Thank goodness, the cooler temps will be coming back tomorrow.

Yesterday, I did a bit of searching on line about how to mount/frame a canvas print.  I wasn't really too successful, but I will keep looking.  At the very least, I will have to order the print already mounted on a backing of sorts.  I found a couple of places in one of my photo magazines that does this type of work.

The theme this week at Pixel Dust Photo Art is to make a regular photo look aged.  So, last night I played around a bit with a photo off Jazzy and Lilah.  It doesn't look too bad, and it was a lot of fun.
I used textures from Bonnie at PDPA (Painterly and Age It) along with some different blending modes in photoshop to accomplish this look.  Any one can join in the fun at PDPA, so click on their name and have a look at what some of the other folks have done.  Here is my photo.


Even the little critters were feeling the heat yesterday.  I looked out the kitchen window, and saw a little bunny run under my car for some cooling shade.  Of course, I grabbed my camera and tried to get a photo.  It was dark under the car so here are my best shots. 



Now I must get busy here.  The Mrs will be waking soon, and I'm hoping to catch up a bit on my blog reading before she wakes.  So stay cool and drink lots of fluids.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

What a lovely treatment of a photo of two beautiful girls! Thank you for sharing your work with Photo Art Friday, Edna.

Sherri B. said...

What sweet photos - your vintage one looks genuinely old, and the bunny photos are precious!

A Garden of Threads said...

Beautiful shot.

Ida said...

Such sweet girls and you've done a good job with the vintage feel.
Adorable bunny too. It was almost 90 here today but is raining tonight.