Wednesday, June 20, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY JR.

June 20, 2012

Good morning.  Today is going to be a steamer, hot, hot, hot.  It's also my son's birthday, so the hot weather is quite befitting.  The day he was born was also a wicked hot steamer.  Gary Jr, I hope your special day is filled with love and happiness.  Happy Birthday and I love you.

Today is also the first day of summer.  It's unbelievable how quickly it got here.  I guess we won't be having a veggie garden this year.  Planting time was not so good for planting, and now there really isn't much of a growing season ahead.  Maybe we'll still try to put in some tomatoes.  We'll see.

What else is happening today?  It's the last day of school in our area.  That means that Dee Dee and I can start working on our Brazil Butts.  Jasmine wants to join us, but I'm not sure why.  Her little butt is right where it belongs.  Mine is the one that has dropped low enough to almost kiss the back of my knees.  Now that's going to take a bit work! 

There's not much news for today.  I do have a couple of hummingbird photos to share.  These were taken a few days ago at work.



I keep trying to get a decent photo of the male hummingbird, but he is such an elusive little bird.  His eyesight is super keen, and he seems to flit in, get a sip of food, and flit right out again in just a fraction of a second.  But I keep trying.

Now I'm off to make some brunch for Tootsie and me.  She's lying here beside me and watching SpongeBob SquarePants on TV.  She just loves the cartoons.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Happy Birthday to your son!
Hahaha, Tootsie and Jan would go along very well, as Jan also loves to watch cartoons LOL.
I too, sometimes, but I like more Tom and Jerry(the original ones), The Flinstones, The Smurfs.
We always stayd a little kid in our hearts.
Take it easy if it's going to be steamy hot!
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra