Saturday, July 23, 2011

Splot, Splot, Splot!

July 23, 2011

Hark!  I hear thunder.  Can that mean that rain is not far behind?  Actually, a few splots have hit the ground, but so far not enough to water the garden.  I'm hoping for a good soaking.  Not a flood, mind you, just a good soaking.  It just might help to cool things down a bit.

Last night was not a good night for sleeping, so Tootsie and I got up early this morning around 4 a.m.  I caught up a bit with my emails, and then we went back to bed.  It's actually a great morning for sleeping in late.

There is a metal awning over my living room windows, and I have a small bird feeder hanging under it.  Thank goodness the birds ate all the food because this morning there was a gray furry little visitor to the feeder.  Here is the little bugger.



Oh lordy, now I can hear large splats of wet stuff hitting the awning and the AC.  Plus, it's getting a bit dark outside.  I'm not complaining because we really need this rain.  There are two summer squashes in our garden that are just about ready for picking.  This rain is very good for helping them to grow.  And I can just about taste those squashes, mmm mmm mmm!!!

That's all for today.  Now I'm off to get Tootsie her morning meds.  Till tomorrow,  Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Pat said...

We were lucky enough to get a nice little shower this afternoon too. Hopefully things will cool off soon. Love that little acrobatic squirrel!

smiekeltje said...

The acrobat awuirrel is great!
We had our share of rain yesterday adn it looks as if today we will have some more. And a lot of wind, so a good day to stay inside.
I was early up this morning too, around 6.00 but after a little while went bak to catch some more sleep. As it is a Saunday, I am not planning to do a lot, so some extra sleep is always goood LOL.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

smiekeltje said...

Oh, just forgot! The sneak peek hasn't anything to do with a Victorian theme!! So, any more ideas ??? ROFL!

The Queen Jester said...

Cute squirrel!