Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Slinky New Exercise

July 7, 2011

It's 8:30 and, a bit cloudy this morning.  Let's hope that means a break in the heat for a while.  I'm still waiting for those thunder showers to get here.  The bathing pool needs filling.  (That's a large puddle spot on the far side of the driveway that fills with rainwater, and the birds love to bath in it.)

I'm sitting here having my morning coffee and enjoying re-runs of "Project Runway" on the TV.  I saw an ad that my favorite program is coming back sometime this month, and I  can't wait.  As a young girl, one of my dreams for when I "grew up" was to be a fashion designer.  Other than making clothes for my family and myself, this dream never came to pass.  So being able to watch a program dedicated to fashion design and creativity is quite enjoyable for me.

You gotta love this!!  there is a commercial on now about a new exercise and diet regime called "Booty Beat."  It guarantees fantastic weight loss results, and features the "Pole Dance" (dance pole extra money, of course).  Can you see it now?  A large group of exquiisitely rounded ladies over the age of 65, and scantily clad in tight shorts and a sports bra, slinking sexily down their dance poles.  Oh Lord, my Michael would have loved this!!!  Not the over 65 part, just the scantily clad sliding down the pole part!

I think it's time to switch over to photos.  I have a plant in my garden (I have no idea what it's name is) that has quite a unique way of conserving water.  It saves the water drops in a sort of "holding place" at the base of it's petals, and can keep most of it there for many hours.  The second photo is a close up of the little pool of "saved water."



Now I think it's time to put some clothes on this adorable little body, and start the laundry.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I'll do a lot of things to lose weight and tone up, but I doubt I'll be installing a pole anytime soon. What a hoot - thanks for the mental image....I think.

smiekeltje said...

When are you going to install a pole in your house ???? LOL!!!!!!
Thanks for the the description of the program. I could easily see the whole thing in my mind. ROLF.
The plant is a species of "Sedum"and I think of Sedum Spectabile"Here a link to a site with description.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/s/sedu_spe.cfm

It's a very easy plant, but can do nice in a little group.

Have a nice day
Hugs
Kyra