Thursday, July 28, 2011

Science Can Be So Enjoyable

July 28, 2011

It's another gorgeous morning here in my little part of the world.  I've been sitting here watching a program about the Ancient Romans.  It showed how they invented glass blowing, and the molds to make mass production possible.  Some of their glass designs were stunning.  I just love these learning channels. 

Two more programs that I like on the Science channel are "Wonders Of The Universe" and "Through The Wormhole."  They also have programs like "How Do They Do It" and "How Is It Made."  There is  a treasure trove of learning and education available here.  I'd have been over joyed if they programs like this when I was a kid.  Not that I was a brainy nerd, but I loved learning.

I have a few more whale photos for you this morning.  This first photo shows a mom and her baby whale.  In the second photo, you can see the baby's  head right behind Mom, and the third photo is a closeup of Mom's eye.  (just below the blow hole)




I got a couple of super close ups of the blow hole which I will look for and post tomorrow.  One of these days, I would love to go on another whale watch cruise.  It was such a fun and fascinating day!! 

Now I think it's time to get some laundry started and maybe try out the vacuum cleaner.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Those science and history channels have some great programs, we love to watch them too.
And we love to watch animal and nature documentaries as well.
That's also why we like the "better"quizes, you always learn something new from it and how exciting it is, when sometimes you know the answers, LOL.
You have a wonderful weekend. cuddle to Tootsie.
Hugs
Kyra