Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Having Fun With Photo Textures

July 13, 2011

It's another beautiful morning here in my little part of New England.  With a bit of luck, the temperature will go down about 5 or 10 degrees and it will be quite nice.  Yesterday was a sizzler, the kind that brought forth shimmering beads of moisture all over your body every time you moved. 

Today, I don't want to "shimmer" because I have to go out to do a couple of errands.  The weatherman says that tomorrow will be our best day of the week with temps in the 70's.  If I weren't out of Tootsie's treats, I would put my errands off till tomorrow.  Running out of treats is a no no.

Yesterday, I worked on a challenge for "Texture Tuesday."  For more information and fun with textures, visit Kim Klassen's Cafe.  I haven't posted my picture yet because I haven't figured out how to do it yet.  But I still had fun working on it.  I used my photo of a cone flower, layered it with an "Aurora" texture from Pixel Dust Photo Art, then added a "lighter color" blending layer and a bit of texture over that.  Then I did a second one with the "Aurora" texture, a "difference" blending layer, and a bit of texture over everything.  This was quite interesting.  Here is my original photo, and the textured results.




It's amazing what a filter can do to a simple flower photo.  Every now and then I treat myself to a couple of uninterrupted hours to play around with the filters and different blending modes in Photoshop.  Then, I call my friend Su for help.  Whenever I get stumped in Photoshop, I can usually count on Su to figure out the problem. 

Now I must get dressed and do my errands before it gets too warm.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

very cool. Isn't it addictive to start playing with Photoshop? We have a lady in our camera club named Jamie Heiden who produces the most amazing textured photos. I think if you just google her name you can find her website, if not, let me know and I'll find it for you.

suruha said...

I see you figured out how to post your image to Kim Klassen's site. It's purty! I like the softness of the flower. Very nice!