Friday, January 7, 2011

A Surprise Visitor In The Field

January 7, 2011
*
Good morning. Today is a "Brr-r-r-r!!" day. Yup, that means very cold! Thank goodness for a fantastic pair of mittens that I got last year for Christmas. Thank you, Mary Ann, for those wonderful mittens. They keep my hands toasty on the way to work.
*
This will be a short post, as I am at work and the Mrs. will be waking soon. When I first sat down to start this post, I saw a flash of movement out the window that looked like something running really fast in the field across the street. So of course, I grabbed my camera and went to the door and took a couple of photos. This photo is hand held, and the object is quite a distance way, but you can see clearly that it is a red fox.
*






















Gosh, I wish I could have gotten a better photo. But then, I only had seconds to get what I did, so I'll be happy with that.
*
On my way to work this morning, I got a lovely phone call. "I'm just calling to say I love you, and you have a great day. Talk to you later tonight." It was my daughter Audrey. What a great way to start my day!!!!
*
Last night, I got the January freebie kit uploaded so that I will be ready to start posting its' parts this upcoming Monday. Want a hint what it might be about? The title is "A Merry Berry New Year." Sounds yummy? You bet!! But you will have to wait till Monday for the preview and the first two parts.
*
Later today, I will download the color palette and the theme for the February kit. Miss Su is in charge of that one, so it's bound to be super. Do you know what is sad? Out of more than 200 downloads, only a couple of folks stopped to say thank you. Tsk, Tsk. Well, for the few who do take the time to say thank you, and the fact that Su and I enjoy making these kits, we will keep on posting them.
*
Now I must get busy here. The Mrs. is beginning to wake up and will be wanting her breakfast. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It's always a shame, that just a few people take time to leave a little thank you, but let's be happy about that at least.
Temperature here is bearable, tomorrow they even expect it to be around 9 degrees Celsius. Wow!
Hope you can make it to the chat.
Has been too long that we all came together.
Have a lovely day.
P.s. what a great surprise, that fox!!
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

The photo of the fox is still a good one! I mean, how many people even AVE a photo of a fox that they took? (Not me!)

When I do a freebie, I’ve taken to using the line “if you post in a gallery, credit to Digitalegacies Designs is appreciated.” I don’t count on “hank yous” or even credit. I’d just love to see my work used! But still, I just like sharing. If it’s downloaded, I feel good.

But, yeah, a comment or thanks still feels good to read!