Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time For Flu Shots - If We Can Find Them!!

October 15, 2009

It's a chilly morning here, but not too cold yet. Moo and Howie and I went out this morning to the CVS Minute Clinic to get our flu shots, only to be told that they were all out. I am absolutely amazed at how many places have run out of the serum and have no plans on getting more. Yet these same places are still advertising that it is available. I called everywhere I could think of yesterday to find out where to go to get this flu shot, and the only place I came up with was this CVS Minute Clinic - yup! the one who doesn't have any either.

Hopefully, this morning's trip won't be a total loss. The nurse at the Minute Clinic did tell us that she was hoping to get in another 100 doses later this afternoon. It is being transferred from another clinic. So we will just have to keep calling till we know it's in, and then quickly hop on over to get in line. Let's just hope that another 100 people don't get ahead of us.

I also called our Board of Health about the H1N1 flu shot and whether or not it will be available, and where it can be found. We were told that it will be offered only to seniors over 65 next week for one hour only. It's a first come, first served basis, so we will have to be quick for that.

I cannot afford to get really sick with the flu. I don't like being sick, and it also would mean having to miss work. Plus, with all the people here in my house, it would make the rounds to everyone. Not a very pretty sight - eight little (some big) dwarfs all coughing, barfing and moaning for a week or more. Oh dear, let's not even think of that scenario!!

Yesterday and last night, I froze my patootee off, so I finally turned on the electric fireplace. This warmed things up nicely, and before I went to sleep, I turned it off. I did not want to climb out from under the blanket this morning. It was quite chilly, and for a lark I checked the thermostat to see what the heat was set on. Surprise!! Surprise!! It wasn't turned on at all!!! Well, I fixed that little problem immediately. Now I can walk around here without snuggies and a jacket.

Today, I have some photos to share that I took Monday at work. The bees have been busy gathering whatever they can from the season's late bloomers. And these little guys don't mind posing for the camera either. I hope you enjoy them.

I'm off now to see to lunch, and catch up on the laundry. Y'all have a fantastic day, and stay warm.

Hugs, Edna B.



































































2 comments:

Nani said...

Great bumble shots!

We have the cold and rainies here too! yuck. R2D2, my space heater, has been definitely working. Kaline likes that, makes it nice for kitty sleeping. I dress in the office now so I can keep warm while I'm drying off after the shower!

Good luck with the flu shots. They are so hard to get this year!

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Your macro's are awesome...I've got to get on the ball with my new camera and have a shoot off with you. No flowers left here in Wisconsin...been freezing for 3 nights in a row. Finally some sun today..no rain. Keep shooting! Mary Ann