Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today Is A Murphy's Law Day!!

June 17, 2009

Well, here's another month flying by. Although I must say, this is the longest we have had Spring weather all during Spring in a long time. Usually we have a few beautiful Spring days, and hop right into the hot summer weather. This year. Spring was very nice.

I didn't get to accomplish very much on the PC today. For some reason, I have not been able to open my web storage program since last night. I tried many times, to no avail. Even had an e-mail thingy going with the program management. But I still cannot get into the program.

I guess if I want to upload any of my new stuff to storage, I will have to first transfer it all to disk, then over to my laptop. Once I get my links, I will have to do it all again in reverse. You know, this is just amazing. Before Vista, I never had any of these weird problems. So all you Vista lovers can keep your Vista. I can't wait to get rid of it.

The one thing I managed to do today was to go shopping and buy a new monitor for my old PC. By tomorrow night, the old PC should be all set up and running. Of course, true to Murphy's laws, I now find that I will eventually have to buy a new desk for the old computer. There is not enough room on it for both the PC and the monitor. We will just kitty corner things till we get a new desk.

Now if you think that was the worst of my day -- think again. The newspaper delivery person came (we did not see him) and first destroyed my newspaper. It was a big crumpled, crunchy, torn mess. Then he stuffed it into the paper tube and left. Grrrrrrrrr!!

After several phone calls to the newspaper to complain, and demand a new paper delivered, and three hours later, a manager showed up with a new paper for me. He apologized and explained that the carrier had given a two week notice, and was probably just trying to have himself a bit of fun before he left. For some reason, this does not make me feel any kindlier about the situation.

I am an optimist usually, so I have to believe that tomorrow is definitely going to be a much better day. So on that note, I will leave to get ready to watch my TV program. Tootsie and I will grab some snacks, get comfy, and enjoy our program. Y'all have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.

This is newspaper?















And this is a baby bird with no
Mommy to take care of it




















No comments: