Monday, October 28, 2019

We're Busy Re-Organizing The Computer Room

October 28, 2019

Good morning.  The sun hasn't come out yet, but give it some time.  Today is supposed to be sunny with some clouds.  The temperature is 48F degrees, and will  clime to the mid fifties.  Not too shabby I  guess for an Autumn day.

Yesterday, Audrey did a lot of re-organizing in my computer room.  And yup, it's already looking much better.  Today we'll do a lot more of the same.  While we were shopping yesterday, we picked up quite a few plastic shoe box type containers to put things in.  This will make it easier for storing away different years of tax stuff. 

I also get a lot of freebie stuff in the mail.  Some of it I give away, and some of it I keep.  This can be sorted into these containers too, making it easier to find things, should I want to use them.  Audrey is very good at organizing. 

Last night I started to make a pan full of meat sauce.  Sad to say, I went in the other room for just a few minutes to help out.  As soon as Audrey said that she could smell something burning I hot tailed it back to the kitchen in time to toss out a whole pan of burnt meat.  Wouldn't you think I'd have learned my lesson by now to never leave the kitchen when I'm cooking?  I'll try again later to make my sauce. 

 I don't have a new quick page to post so today I'm going to post a couple of rather pretty Dover coloring pages.  I hope you can use them for a few relaxing moments. 



Today, we're going to do a bit more work on the computer room.  Hopefully, by tomorrow, we'll have it all straightened out.  There are two desks in there, and I'd like to get rid of one of them.  It's getting old and rickety and needs to be replaced with a newer one.  I have an older desktop PC that I keep on this desk .  It's for company that feels like playing games or doing puzzles on it.  I'd get rid of this desktop but it still works.

The next project we're going to do is to go through all my yarn stash and send a whole lot of it home with her.  Then I'll get to arrange the rest of into my big yarn totes.  It all used to be arranged by color lots, but over time things get moved around and my organizing goes right out the window.

 A few days ago, Deanne got a tick on her neck.  It wasn't spotted right away and it started burrowing in to stay.  Soon, it was getting infected.  Eddie did get the tick out and Deanne went to the clinic to have it checked.  She was given a strong dose of medicine and now has to wait and watch to see what happens.  Hopefully, nothing is going to happen.

Lately I've been doing a bit of research online to find a new replacement for my little laptop.  I've also been looking at the Samsung tablets that act like mini laptops.  So far it's looking like the tablets aren't good for programs like Photoshop.  I would need to use this software, so I guess I won't be getting one of the newer tablets.  I still have a lot of researching to do. 

Now it's time for me to get busy here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

From experience, I learned not to cook and leave the kitchen. I keep hollering at my sister in Louisiana. She will start cooking and go upstairs. I told her she is going to set her house on fire. It doesn't take long for things to go wrong when you are not aware it's happening. You should never lay down while you are cooking. You will certainly fall asleep and sleep longer than you think. I've awaken to a house full of smoke. I quit doing that years ago. (lol)

If you need more bins and they have a dollar tree store there, go there and get some for one dollar. I am using some of those in my kitchen to hold my plastic wraps, bags, onions, and potatoes.They work very well. They are plastic that look like small clothes baskets. I have them under my island and it keep everything organized and in order. I know it's early because I am up baking chicken and I has to stay up also. After I finish I will be going back to sleep. I hope you and Pogo have a beautiful and healthy day.

LV said...

When Audrey gets through with you, sending her to Texas. I need a little help with somethings. Sounds like you have a lot more to organize than I do. Wish I had your computer smarts too.

Steve Reed said...

My mom always said, never leave the kitchen when you're cooking! Moms know these things!