Thursday, October 24, 2019

A Few Late Bloomers

October 24, 2019

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 51F degrees.  Later it should warm up to the mid sixties, then back down into the forties for the overnight.  I'm hoping that this Fall weather lasts way up into late November.  Fat chance, you say?  Well, I can dream.

Yesterday there were workmen here to make a few adjustments to the new gutters on the house.  Later, when they had finished, Joe and I went outside so that he could do a bit of pruning to some of the rose bushes.  I pointed to what had to go, and he did the trimming.  We did pick a few pretty colorful blooms for me to take indoors. 


Oh my, a little white dog has just run into my yard.  He has a collar, but no leash.  His tag has a phone number, which I just called, trying to reach his owner.  I hope someone calls me soon because I can't bring him in.

Well, now I have to go out and clean my porch.  It seems my new little visitor has just decorated it.  Plus  he has sprayed a bit here and there to let folks know he was there.  And now, ring ring ring.  The phone is ringing...........That was his owner, a neighbor who is coming to pick up my little visitor.  All is well that ends well.

Well, getting back to yesterday, it was a beautiful day.  Lots of sun and a brisk breeze every now and then.  I took this little video of the beautiful trees out front.  Enjoy.


Today, I have a lot to do.  I'm not sure how much I'll get done, but I'll do as much as I can.  This afternoon, Deanne and Eddie will be by after work so that Eddie can fix my toilet.  The handle broke a while back and I don't know how to fix it.  Later, I will cook up a pan of pasta and meat sauce.  This way I won't have to cook tomorrow evening.  Audrey will be here tomorrow and supper will already be made.

A friend of mine posted this awesome decorating idea on the web, so I borrowed it to share with you.  I think this is just a fabulous way to turn some space into a reading nook. 


Well, that's all my news for this morning.  I'll try to have some more Blue Laws for you tomorrow.  Now I want to get busy with a few chores around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

YOUR WEATHER IS SIMILAR TO OURS. I ENJOYED THE VIDEO OF THE FLAG IN THE BREEZE. SO GLAD IT WAS A HAPPY ENDING FOR THE LITTLE WHITE DOG. I KNOW YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO HAVE THE TOILET REPAIRED AND HOW NICE THAT THE PASTA AND SAUCE WILL BE READY FOR AUDREY'S VISIT. HAVE A BLESSED EVENING.

Angelicastar said...

Wish me luck with this comment. I typed one earlier and it disappeared. I was so sleepy when I finally made it back home from the eye doctor because I had to get up at 5am to get to Houston at 8:00 through rush hour traffic. I am still feeling sleepy and tired.

I am glad the little doggy was returned back to his owner. Usually people will keep them. He did good to come by your house instead of going somewhere else. People will steal your fur babies. I know it's like losing a child, but they don't care. It reminded me of this young man was on the news crying because someone broke into his home and stole his fur baby also. I knew his feelings. I am usually home but when I leave like today, I will rush back to see about my babies. I worry about someone breaking in and stealing them. They can have anything else, but leave my babies alone. They don't care about the cameras or the alarm system. They will look directly into your cameras and keep stealing. I hope you and Pogo have a healthy and blessed day. Just wondering if Pogo saw the little doggy.

Steve Reed said...

Love the book nook and the fall trees and the rose! We need to do some trimming in our garden too.

Theresa said...

Love the pretty bloom and bringing them inside to enjoy is exactly what I would do too! Hope you found the puppy's owner. Pogo wouldn't want to share you with anyone else:) Have a blessed day dear friend, hope it is a good one! HUGS!