Thursday, October 3, 2019

Happy Birthday Jack

October 3, 2019

Good morning.  Tis fifty degrees and cloudy this morning.  According to my weather app, it won't be getting much warmer today, maybe just a few degrees.  Last night I had to put the heat on.  I don't want Pogo and me getting sick because it's cold. 

Today is Jack Jack's birthday.  I think he's fifteen now.  (My memory isn't always up to par)  My goodness, where have all the years gone?  Jack, I hope you have an awesome day filled with laughter and love.  Meema loves you.

Deanne is coming by later this morning  to take me out to do errands.  I want to get my flu shot while we're out.  All my other shots are up to date.  I'm trying to stay as healthy as possible.  My daughter Audrey will be coming for a week towards the end of the month.  While she is here, all us girls are going to spend one evening at the Paris Cabaret to see Carousel.  Jazzy isn't in this production, but it's still going to be a fun night out.

Yesterday I had trouble getting my energy level up to work on filling bags for Good Will.  However, by evening, I finally got started and managed to fill up two bags and start another one.  Then I spent some time on my computer trying to remember how to copy a music CD.  It took a while, but I finally figured it out.  I bought a couple music CD's for my daughter Laura Jean, and I wanted to keep a copy for myself. 

While I was playing on the computer, I played a video CD that  my friend Kyra sent to me almost twelve years ago.  It was full of short videos of various types of art and photos.  I'd almost forgotten how interesting this CD was.  Thank you Kyra for another fun evening. 

Did I mention that the computer is my old desk top?  It still works so I've hung on to it.  It comes in handy when I want to print anything.  This one is connected to my printer.  It's also good for making music and photo CD's. 

This morning Pogo tried to wake me up at 4 a.m. to make some breakfast.  I told him "no way" and "to go back to bed."  I did get up at seven and cook us some bacon and eggs.  I broke up a strip of bacon and cut up some egg into a bowl and gave it to Pogo.  I wasn't sure he would eat it, but he did.  Sometimes, he'll eat what I'm eating.  Don't tell him, but last week I actually gave him doggie food and he ate it.  Now that actually surprised me!

I've borrowed a couple images from the web to share.  This one seems to explain my ability to remember things lately.


And this one explains why it's okay not to do very much housework.  So far, no one has broken in to do me bodily harm, but at least I'm ready.


And last, but not least, I love this one with the Cardinal.  We have them here in my yard and they really are beautiful.  And yes, I do thank God for every single day of my life.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before its time to get dressed to go shopping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Jan said...

My memory is slowly leaving me as well. I keep saying I want to lose 10 pounds but forget it when it's time to sit at the table. Oh well....

Hope you have a good day!

Terra said...

Those are 3 great quotes you posted. I am surprised by how many lyrics I recall from the 60s. I sang folk songs so remember quite a few of those, Silver Dagger, Drinking Gourd, Three Marys, etc.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the messy house quote! Sounds good to me! I hope your day was nice! Sweet hugs!

smiekeltje said...

I don;t remember what CD it was I sent to you that long ago! But happy that it gave you some fun time again.
Oh how wonderful that Audrey will be coming over soon!!
Seems Deanne feels better already from her cold? Good for her.
Oh, I wanted to send you a few recipees this week, I don't know if I manage. I am not tru;y in the moood for it now, because Jan came home Wednesday from hospital, but yesterday evening we were in the ER of the hospital again. His wound(or the scar was leaking, and too much to leave it alone and wait. So on to hospital, He's still there, probab;y they will do another small operation to remove a hematome that may be caused the leaking. Poor Jan, he isn;t very lucky, to say the least.
At the moment I am waiting for a call for the surgeaon to hear what they've done.
The rest I will tell in the blogpost on Sunday, okay?
Your tomatoe looks fantastic, hope it tasted as good too.
And what did you eat finally, the pasta or pizza?
I like cooking at times, but also at times I like meals that are really quick and still rather tasteful LOL.
By the way, I loved that photo of the bird with the little parasol and of the bee too. Brings a smile to the face.!
Have to go now.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Oh I love these quotes. I know you are looking forward to your visitor soon. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!