Sunday, October 27, 2019

An Awesome Night Out With My Girls

October 27, 2019

Good morning.  Today is a bit gray and wet, with a high temp of 51F degrees..  But that's okay.  We need the rain to fill up the reservoirs and ponds.  And if my phone weather app is correct, we're in for a lot of wet days this week. 

Friday, Pogo and I picked Audrey up at the shuttle bus station.  She takes a shuttle from the airport to the bus station so that I don't have to drive into Boston.  Which I just don't do.  It's scary driving in Boston.  Too much traffic, too many one ways, and just to chaotic for me. 

We had a fun afternoon and evening.  On the way here we stopped to pick up some beer.  Yup, I got me a six pack of Sam Adams Light, and enjoyed a cool one that evening.  Yesterday, we spent most of the day trying to re-organize the computer (turned store-all) room.  We even managed to fill a bag for the Good Will, mostly musical plush toys.  Some kids will get to enjoy them. 

Then last evening, Deanne, Audrey and I went to the Paris Cabaret for a delicious meal and a super performance.  The Starliners performed "Carousel" and they did an awesome job!  For our meal, we all ordered the same, medium rare Prime  Rib au Jus.  Yum! Yum!  This was an awesome night out with my girls.

Jazzy was not there, she was in Connecticut for a Phi Theta Kappa convention.  She is the student president of Phi Theta Kappa at the college which is why she was invited to attend the convention.  She was also asked to be commencement speaker at the upcoming graduation in the Spring.  She is also now in the running for valedictorian.  She's hoping she doesn't get it.  We're all hoping that she does.  (yup, we're all so very proud of her.)

Today, we are going to WalMart to pick up a few things,  Then we'll get back to re-organizing the computer room.  We call the room this because Michael and I both had our desks and computers in this room and we spent many many evenings in there playing (or working) on our computers. 

While perusing the web, I found a couple of fantastic ideas that I thought I'd pass along to you.  This first is a Coloring Box.  Now what a great idea to keep a little one  busy for a while.


And then I thought that this next idea was really quite ingenious.  Oh my, the things we do for our fur babies!  I have a door just like this one, only mine wasn't installed upside down.


Before I leave to get started on this awesome new day, I have one more image that I borrowed from the web to share with you.  Take note, this is how we're supposed to be treating our fur babies.


Now I'm going to finish  up my cup of coffee and get busy here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Sounds like a great time with family. The upside down door made me laugh! My pup would love that. Also, I remember one time picking up my new cat from the vet after he was neutered. The girls at the reception desk had been loving on him and left lipstick on his fur!!! lol

Angelicastar said...

Nothing but hugs for our little fur babies. My son and I was just discussing this last week on what would happen to someone if they got caught abusing our fur babies. Mine is just spoiled rotten. I just carried them outside and when I was ready for them to come in, Queen and Babs just sit there looking at me like they were telling me, you can't tell us what to do. (lol) I went to them patting on them saying, girls lets go inside. They sit there again. I picked them up and carried them inside. That's why I like little fur babies. (lol) They just ignore me. Thursday when my son came home from work and ignored Queen and walked by her, she bit him on his ankle. He couldn't do anything but laugh. I told him he should stop ignoring her. Queen and Milo get excited when he come home. Babs just sit and look and if I am around, she won't have very much to do with him. He love her too, but she loves her mommy more. You're never lonely with your fur babies.

I know you are enjoying your girls and it's so wonderful to do that. Unfortunately, I only has one hard head boy but I love him unconditionally. Boys don't hang with mommy. (lol) He's a lot of help around the house doing chores. We do have some cool weather and as of yesterday morning, I had to use some heat. I couldn't believe it. I warmed the house and turned it off. I has to enjoy some coolness before all the heat. I hope you and Pogo have a beautiful and healthy day.

Theresa said...

I know you had a great time. I love the idea of a coloring box, keeps the crayons from rolling all over the place:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!