Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy Presidents' Day

February 18, 2019

Good morning.  Happy Presidents' Day.  Well, I looked out the window during the night and found everything covered with snow.  It's still snowing.  Joe has just finished cleaning the whole driveway but I'm thinking that in a few hours it will be needing to be cleaned again.  The weatherman says the snow might stop tonight. 

I've been watching the Weather Channel and it looks like this wicked stormy weather is coast to coast.  Sadly, there will be more flooding in places than just cannot hold any more water.  I wonder just how different things would be if we had built water pipe lines.

Well, for some reason, the SHOP LC TV station did not air here yesterday.  Bummer!  Of course they are on the air today, but there's no Imperial Topaz.  I know, I know, I'll live.  But I really wanted to see that program.  Wednesday they will be featuring Emeraldine Quartz.  This is a gorgeous green quartz that looks like emeralds. 

I was getting ready to leave a comment on Facebook last night when I noticed some person's photo of their little dog.  I had to look twice because this little dog could be a twin to my Pogo.  Its face, stand up ears and its coloring pattern  look just my little guy.  I borrowed the photo to show you what I mean. 


What do you think?  Wouldn't this make you look twice too?  It makes me wonder if this little dog is related to my Pogo. 

I have another recipe for you.  This one is for a Body Scrub.  If you try it, let me know how you like it.


I have a sink full of dishes waiting for me to tend to them.  Sadly, my dishwasher doesn't want to work today.  (my hands!)  Alas, it must be done.  I'd rather be doing laundry. 

Ah well, I think I'd best head on over to the kitchen sink.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Annsterw said...

I hope you find something fun to fill your time with after the dreaded chore of dishes! Have a great day Miss Edna!

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
I love this recipe and I can tell you that I make this often. I have just used all that I had right before we moved so it is time to make more. I use coconut oil and plain white sugar in mine because the other is just too coarse for my skin but all in all it is a great recipe and I also keep mine in the refrigerator and take out when I am ready to shower.

Oh hon I am so sorry that your hands are hurting. I wish that there was more that you could try to alleviate the pain but I know that you have done all that you can. Those darn dishes are the bane of our existence!


I am off to have a shower and I think an early night. I still have that blasted headache from my fall. I have to call and make an appointment to see my doctor. I don't think the headache after 3 days almost 4 is normal... Hugs to you and my pogo and Yep I thought that was Pogo in the photo... I thought that it was an updated photo of after the groomer finished with him. Pogo does indeed have a twin... Love, Beth

smiekeltje said...

Those doggies of Pogo's groomer are so sweet looking.
And yes, you are right, the photo of the yorkie could almost be a brother of Pogo!
How are you doing with your taxes LOL?????
Better get them done before you go off to Florida. what a wonderful idea it is only a few weeks away now.
Good, I jump over to your next posts.
Hug
Kyra