Monday, June 18, 2018

The Heat Is On. Summer Is Coming.

June 18, 2018

Good morning.   Well, yesterday got rather warm here, but today is supposed to be even hotter.  Pogo and I will spend some time on the porch this morning before the heat takes over.  Temps yesterday reached the low nineties.  We do have a little it of a breeze to help keep things comfy. 

Yesterday, while we were out on the porch, I moved a few plants around.  I brought out an elephant planter that I bought a while ago, and put the double impatiens in it.  Then I found a shady spot for it.  Two of the plants eaten by the critters were placed back in the greenhouse.  Hopefully, they will be able to recover from their injuries. 


 I also took a photo of my owl wind chime that hangs on the porch.  He rarely ever makes a sound, but he's nice to look at.


While we were at Home Depot the other day, I also picked up a couple of tiny cactus plants.  They are looking rather nice on the porch rail.


I also got another nice photo of my handsome little guy while we were on the porch yesterday.  I think he's wondering how long before we get to go back indoors where it is much cooler.  He talks to me telepathically.  Does your fur baby do this?


While I was at my doctor appointment the other day, I asked the doctor if he had any ideas how I could get rid of the loose fatty skin hanging from my arms.  I don't know how it got there and I'd like to get rid of it.  He said I could try exercising, but that I couldn't really get rid of it all.  Hmmm, not quite what I wanted to hear.

When Deanne was here, she suggested the rubber exercise bands.  So I went online and ordered them from Amazon.  They have just arrived, so guess what I'll be trying out this afternoon.  I'll let you know what I think of them in a few days.


Yesterday, Joe turned back half of the black screen cover on the greenhouse.  This will allow a lot more sun to get in at the tomato and pepper plants.  I hope this helps.  It gets hot in there, so I'm going to have to keep the door up during the wicked heat and just keep an eye out for critters.

It looks like the breeze just picked up a bit because my flag out front is starting to wave a bit spasmodically.  It's time for me and Pogo to go out on the porch to enjoy the breezes..  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Love you elephant planter. I neglected to exercise like I should when younger so now I am paying with old wrinkled skin. Tend to wear a sleeve most of the time. Take care.

Theresa said...

Oh girl, it is hot here too. LOVE wind chimes and that one is precious! Enjoy your day dear friend, I have some "plant moving" to do too! HUGS!