Thursday, June 14, 2018

So Who Rescued Who?

June 14, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining, there's a nice breeze and the temps are seventy degrees and going higher.  I woke up this morning and saw this amazing little doggie sitting up in his chair, just looking at me.  He was wanting his breakfast, but he was going to let me sleep longer before waking me up.  I think to myself, what did I ever do to deserve this awesome little guy.

I guess this is a case of who rescued who.  My beautiful Tootsie had gone off to Rainbow Bridge and I was missing my best friend.  Then one day the shelter folks came by to do a home check and brought this adorable little fellow named Pogo with them.  It was love at first sight, and those shelter folks left him with me.

Here's a photo from that first year.  My little guy was afraid of being left alone, so I took him to work with me whenever I could.  This was also one of the last times that he wore a collar.  I bought him a harness after that.  I also bought him just about every little shirt in his size.  Isn't he just precious?


Life is simply awesome with this little guy.  So whatever I did to deserve having him in my life, I hope I keep on doing it. 

Yesterday, I got a couple more packages in the mail.  One was the yarn that I had ordered, and the other one was a couple things that I had ordered.  One of those things is a Conway Twitty CD.  It's an album of "never before released recordings" put together by his daughter Joni Twitty Ryles.



This guy is one of my all time favorite country singers.  Today I'm going to enjoy listening to my new CD.  Speaking of music, the coffee mug that I'm drinking from has a photo on it of my little guy singing his heart out.  (I had the photo on my Christmas card printed on a mug)

Today I thought I'd share photos of my Rhododendrons.  I have a lilac bush and a white bush.



I have more photos from my garden, but I'll save them for another day.  Today is a gorgeous "porch" day so I'm thinking I'll grab a bottle of cold water and my crocheting, and Pogo and I will go sit on the porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Oh well the sun has cooked my vegetables while they are trying to grow in the ground. I am thinking about doing what you did with the greenhouse. I probably will frame my garden in and use the sun block screens to shade it from this hot hot sun. Your little guy know his mother love him. Sometimes it doesn't seem real knowing they know you love them. I use to carry them in their booster seats as many places as I could but now I don't do it because if I get sick, I won't them to be safe. Knowing how some people treat our fur babies I am afraid if I get sick away from home with them, they might be put out on the streets and these little babies don't know how to survive. I would go crazy not knowing where they are. Pogo is loved by those who never met him. Like me. (lol) I love that little boy with his handsome self. Time to hop in the bed. I've been to the doctor 3 times this week. I went for the eyes today. I have to get up so early because I have medical transportation. The traffic here is just too bad for me to travel a distance now. You have to be totally alert to drive here. Take care and let Pogo know how much I love him.

The Queen Jester said...

Both you and Pogo were blessed when you came together. I'm glad I got to meet the little guy when we met years back.