Friday, June 15, 2018

Happy Birthday Bobby and Sean

June 15, 2018

Good afternoon.  Gosh, where has the day gone?  I had a doctor appointment this morning, so I only had time to have my coffee, feed Pogo and read some blogs before it was time to get ready to leave.  Today I got to meet my new primary care doctor.  I'm not crazy about change, but I had no choice.  However, the new doctor does seem very nice.  He also takes the time to explain things and answer any questions one might have. 

Today is my grandson Bobby's birthday, and my stepson Sean's birthday.  Happy Birthday guys.  I hope your day is filled with love and happiness.  I love you. 

On the way home from my morning appointment, I had to stop by WalMart to pick up my new prescriptions.  While I was there, I did a bit of grocery shopping too.  The worst part of shopping is having to carry all the bundles into the house and then put everything away.  It usually ends up taking my breath away.  However, today I did pretty good. 

Sadly, when I got home, I found that something had eaten all the flowers and most of the stems on my white petunia plant.  Well, dang it all!  If I knew which critter did this, I could leave out food for it so that it would leave my plants alone.  Thank goodness, I had not opened the greenhouse before I went out. 

The good news is that when I brought the mail in, there was a package for me.  I had ordered a copper ring from JTV.  It is set with a lab created padparasha sapphire.  I thought I would like to try the copper jewelry to see if it agrees with me.  Wowsie!  What a gorgeous ring.  Of course it helps that the color of the gemstone is my favorite color.  Here's a photo, but it doesn't really do the ring justice. 


As soon as I started typing here today, Joe's truck pulled into the driveway and Pogo started barking his greetings to Joe.  Of course, that meant that I had to stop what I was doing and follow Pogo out into the main house so that he could have his turkey treat. 

Today I have photos of more of my flowers and shrubs to share.  I've always thought that this first flower was a Sweet William or a Phlox, but I looked it up on Google and it looks like it might be Lunaria Annua.  The flowers on my plants only have four petals, whereas the Sweet Williams and the phlox have five petals.  Hmmmmm.  Well, either way it is very pretty.


Out near the front end of the driveway there's a huge shrub with the prettiest white flowers.  I have no idea what the name of it is but it is really beautiful.  Here's a photo of it, plus a close up shot.



Now I think I'll go see what Pogo is barking at and maybe sit out on the porch with him for a while.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Are you a Leo? The ruby is the birthday for July. I don't know what the white flower is either, but it sure is pretty. At first I thought it was a butterfly bush. Does it smell like lilacs? The butterfly bush will have that sent. I just bought some needles and yarn to make dishrags while watching TV. I've gotten into a really bad habit of playing video games on my phone and Kindle while watching TV - at least this way I'll have something to show for my fidgeting.

smiekeltje said...

I know that i know the name of this shrub but for now I cannot produce it. it is sopmewhere in my brain, have to dig it out LOL!
But iit is a beutiful shrub for sure,
Hope you will have nice weather and spend some great time at the porch.
Pogo is just such a sweet little guy! I can remember the time he came to live with you, and how he has changed since then. He now is a real happy little fellow, taken care of and loved.
Hugs
Kyra