Monday, June 11, 2018

A Rose Is A Rose Is A Rose

June 11, 2018

Good morning.  Today's temps are in the sixties with a slight breeze.  The sun is playing peek a boo with us from behind the clouds.  Do you realize that the first day of summer is in just ten more days?  Wow, half the year has just slipped by.  You do realize that the other half will go by just as fast, so get out and enjoy it. 

Today, Pogo and I are hoping to get out to do a couple errands.  There's a sale at Michaels craft store. I have a gift certificate for this store, so maybe we'll find something to use it on.    Maybe we'll even stop by the Burger King across the street for a midday snack.   Sounds like a fun plan to me.

Yesterday was very quiet.  After doing a couple small household chores, I did a jigsaw puzzle on my laptop.  I love doing these puzzles, and I have hundreds of them on my laptop.  They are so very relaxing. 

Today I thought I'd share photos of our roses.  Deanne sent me photos of one of her beautiful blossoms.  Aren't these gorgeous?



And here are a few of the ones in my yard.  So far, I have red, yellow and pink.  Plus the big bush with the tiny white rose blossoms.




There are more roses on the other side of my house.  I'll have to go out there and take a few photos of them.  First, I think I'll need to wait until the grass out there is mowed again.  With all the rain we've been getting, the grass is growing wicked fast.

Last night I put a few more rows on the Pink afghan.  It's taking me a bit longer to crochet now.  Every few stitches, I stop and check them to make sure there are no mistakes or split yarns.  So far, this seems to be working.  I really want this one finished before Christmas. 

So far, I've only made afghans for three of my great grandchildren.  I still have eight more afghans to make.  When I finish the two that I'm working on, I'll be almost half way there.  Looks like these hands will be busy for quite a while.

Now I think it's time to catch up on some blog reading before getting dressed to go out.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

LV said...

Roses are my very favorite flower and yours are so pretty. What I understand, my blog is not secure with the http. It will work if you type it https, but I understand it needs to be changed to the https permanently on my blog. Do not know how.

Annesphamily said...

Good morning dear friend! I keep sending you e mails and they are bouncing. I have to recheck your e mail address.
You should visit Sandee at Comedy Plus blog. Cute photo of a sweet pup, reminded me of Mr. Pogo. ENjoy your day. We have been in a heat wave. UGH not a fan of extreme temps.
Love your beautiful photo shares. Lots of roses whereever I go today. HUGS

The Queen Jester said...

The roses are lovely and it's nice to know you have the sense to stop and smell them. I have a trellis that is still waiting for something to be planted and perhaps I should consider a climbing rose.