Sunday, April 30, 2017

Happy Birthday Pogo

April 30, 2017

Good morning.  Where are my manners??  Pogo's birthday was this past Friday, and I did not even mention it!!  My little guy is now eleven years young.  It doesn't seem possible that he's been with me for almost five years.  My birthday wish for him is a long, healthy and happy life. 


Yesterday was such a gorgeous day, and Pogo and I spent quite a bit of time outdoors.  We even walked around the yard to the other side of the house and back again.  Wow, this was my longest walk yet since I got sick.  The purple tulip blossoms were all opening up really wide.  I put a couple of them up on the porch railing because they looked so beautiful there.


Around mid afternoon, the wind picked up all of a sudden and was blowing things around pretty good.  Before I could go outside and move my plants, the wind had blown them off the railings.  Pogo had been sitting by the door, but now he ran into the room to watch from a safer place.


 Friday was also a special day for our Jazzy.  That night, she went to her Junior prom.  Lordy, Lordy, where have all the years gone?  Our little league baseball player, trombone player, fashion diva and budding Broadway star has grown into a beautiful young woman. This photo made my eyes teary.  Jazzy is my youngest grandchild.


 Today is a wee bit cooler than yesterday, but it is still a gorgeous day.  The sun is shining and there is a nice breeze.  Deanne is coming by later to (hopefully) take me shopping.  Keep your fingers crossed that I actually make it all the way to the store.  My walker has a seat on it, so I can sit whenever I need to.

Now I'm off to finish my coffee before it's time to get dressed.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
Jazzie is just sooooo beautiful and her dress is gorgeous. I really hope that she had a wonderful time and Happy Birthday Pogo... I will have to mail him a birthday card! 11 years young... WTG Pogo...

So sorry to hear of the winds. I hope that there was not much damage to the plants that were on the railing. The storms were bad. Not to bad where we are, but down where my sisters are at were bad. They said that a tornado hit the school where 4 of my kids went to after I left their father. They hated that school and will not be heartbroken. I moved them back to their school where they were much happier. I am not sure how the rest of our city fared but we just got some heavy rains and some wind.

Have a wonderful Sunday. Talk to you soon. Hugs to you and Pogo from Cisco and Beth

Nani said...

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pogo from me, Kaline, Carla and Marco!

Jazzy is just beautiful. I remember the young kid pics of her on your blog too.

I hoope things stay nice; we have had clouds for a few days and serious rain yesterday and today. I'm definitely hoping that gets better here. Please don't hold it aganst I'd the rain comes your way next. I'm just sending in the way :-)

Hugs and birthday purrs to Pogo, Nani & The cats

smiekeltje said...

Happy (belated)birthday to Pogo! Gosh, he has really an age now.
But never mind that, he still is looking handsome!
Good for you that you walked around the yard. Try to do that every day or so and your strength will come back and you will be able to walk a bit longer.
Great that Deanne takes you shopping. It makes a change for you.
Jazzy looks beautiful on that photo. And of course you are proud!
I would be angry with you if you weren;t LOL!
Well, I will try to post now on my blog.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra