Friday, May 27, 2016

Naughty Pussy Cat!!

May 27, 2016

Good morning.  Tis another gorgeous day here in New England.  Be still my heart.  I just love it!  The temperature now is 70F degrees, and is supposed to reach 87F degrees this afternoon.  I guess this is a sneak peak of what summer will be like. 

Well, yesterday the guys finished up my bathroom.  Oh my, it felt so good to be able to take a nice long shower.  (I've been having to wash up in the kitchen sink while the bathroom was discombobbled.  Now that's a word from the past!!

My bathroom is very tiny, but it has everything it needs.  Now it sports new floor tiles


and a new vanity and sink.


The old vanity and sink were too small for Pogo to fit in when he has a bath.  This new vanity is perfect, and such a pleasure to use.  Sorry about the angle of the photo, but there's not enough room in this bathroom to backup to get a good photo.   About all that's left to do in this room is to put in a new window, and buy some pretty new curtains.  But that's for another day.

The budded iris plants that I posted yesterday have opened up, and oh my they are gorgeous!  They grow really tall, and the flowers are huge.



Yesterday morning, while the guys were busy working here, Pogo and I went out to do a couple errands.  As you can see, Pogo doesn't miss a trick.  While I was trying to hook his safety belt, he was keeping a watchful eye on Eddie's friend who had come outside to get a tool that he needed.


The mailman brought the new plant tent that I had ordered for the tomatoes, and Joe helped me put it together and set it up.  Now our only problem with it is -- how will we mow the grass inside this area?  Ah well, we'll figure that out later.
 
 

Normally, the tomatoes would be planted on the other side of the house, but I wanted to be able to keep an eye on them, so we put them near the little lily garden by the shed.  That big tarp you see in the background is covering the lawn tractor, and those colorful flower heads are tulip windmills that daughter Deanne gave me.  Here's a close up of one of the little windmills.
 


After supper, I went out into the main part of the house and bent down to pet Blackie (one of the cats).  He meows and begs for us to pet him, and then he bites us.  Last evening it was my turn to get bitten.  Bad pussy cat!! 


There were two places that were bleeding and stinging.  I cleaned the wounds and put on an antibiotic ointment and bandaids.  After a while the stinging stopped.  I won't be petting the cat again any time soon. 

So as you can see, it was quite the busy day around here yesterday.  Today, Pogo and I will have a quiet morning, then a very busy afternoon.  We'll pick up granddaughter Jazzy from high school, then we'll come back to meet with the contractor (who is hired to build the porch) and then I'll take Joe grocery shopping. 

This weekend, folks are getting together to celebrate Memorial Day.  There will be lots of parades, games and barbeques.  Just keep in mind why we are celebrating.  Say a prayer for all the men and women (and animals) who fought and died so that we may be free. 

Now I'm going to get myself a cold bottle of water and enjoy some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

LV said...

You better stick with Pogo and leave the cats alone. That could get infected.

smiekeltje said...

Love that sink you have and the flor tiles look great too! Must have been feeling like a miracle to be able to have a shower again LOL!
our irisses are beautiful and sooo big! Now hoping you will have some tomatoes to pick from your plant.
Strange that the pussy is acting so weird, asking for attention and when you give that it bites you.
Perhaps in earlier life she was kind of mistreated a bit?
After those rather busy days I think you deserve a nice quiet weekend, in which you can enjoy your flowers and good weather.
Have a lovely weekend, my friend
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You have done so many things to renovate your home and I'm sure they are lovely. The photos wouldn't load for me, but it's a minor miracle the internet is working at all with it being the long weekend and many campers here.