Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy May Day

May 1, 2016

Good morning.  Today is cloudy and temps will only climb to the mid 50's today.  Still, it's not a bad day for Spring.  The sun can't shine here every day.  Some days it has to shine somewhere else so other folks can enjoy it too.

Would you believe, it's already May?  Happy May Day everybody.  Gosh, I have so much to do before next winter.  Here's hoping I get it all done.  Go ahead and laugh, but time has a way of rushing right by when we least expect it.  Here's the May page from my calendar. 


I think I mentioned recently that I had one of my photos done up on canvas.  They arrived, and I'm very happy with them.  However, I spotted the tiniest (almost noticeable) spot on one of them, and called the printing company to find out how I could clean the spot off without hurting the photo. 


Folks, this company is awesome.  Not only did they tell me how I could try to wash the spot off, but the representative told me "However, we'd rather just replace your item.  We'll have it out to you in about a week."   Now I call that fabulous service.  The name of this company is Easy Canvas Prints.  Give them a try, you'll be quite happy with them.  Just click on their name and it will take you right to their web site.

When the tree limbs were being trimmed the other day, I picked a sprig from one of the branches so that I could photograph the baby cones.  I never really thought much about them, but they are quite interesting and attractive.


I have to share a funny (or maybe not so funny) story with you.  Aside from the fact that Pogo did not want his peanut butter flavored birthday cake, I sent half of it over to Sassy (Dee's little doggie).  Sassy will eat just about anything.  Except this birthday cake!!  She sniffed it over really good, and then just sat there looking up quite confused at Deanne.  Sort of like "What am I supposed to do with this?"  I guess I'm not much of a baker!!

I was checking out some cute planters in one of my new catalogues, and I found this really adorable giraffe planter.  I'm thinking this would look fabulous on my new porch.  (assuming the porch gets built). 


Yesterday was a fairly quiet day.  I paid a few bills and evicted one small colony of dust bunnies.  For a while, I read my new book.  (The Book of Random Oddities)   No matter how old I get, I still find it quite fun to learn new things every day.

Later today I'm going to go through my "gift drawer" to see what I can cross off my list.  Then I think I'm going to wrap and tag whatever I can.  This might save me a lot of work next Fall. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

So much for hoping for succes of your birthday cake LOL!
well, you don;t have to try it again next year, I guess.
The planter looks great. I love planters that are like novelties.
You may call it "kitsch"perhaps, but they bring a big smile on the face, doesn;t they?
Looks that we are heading to some serious spring, almost summer weather at the middle of this week!
well, then we should use every minute of it, because you never know how long it lasts here.
Gosh, I even didn;t think of Christmas this year, but slowly I should looking around for some presents too. Never too soon to start.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra