Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Quiet Restful Weekend

October 25, 2015

Good morning.  It's a bit wet and gray here but we can use a little bit of precipitation.  Not a huge lot, mind you, but a little is nice.  My little birds were all at my window this morning so I had to go out and fill up the feeder.  While I was there I filled the squirrel feeder and threw a whole bowl of bread and peanuts under my car for the little ground feeders.  It is dry under there. 

Yesterday was a really quiet day for Pogo and me.  I had a nice nap to catch up on some much needed sleep, and I did some laundry.  Very exciting indeed!!   Last evening, I finished two more neck warmers (they had already been started).  I'll take a photo of them later. 

Right now, I'm watching a little woodpecker and a chickadee feasting on the peanut butter bread that Joe just took out and put in the treat cage.  Our birdies love this.  Already two little sparrows and a nuthatch have just joined the other two birds for some peanut butter treat.  It's very soothing to watch them. 

SIL Eddie says he will be by later this morning to see what is needed to patch up the door (that was supposed to be replaced) so that it will keep out the cold for one more winter.  We'll go door shopping in the Spring.  While he is here, I'll ask him to take down the old fly ribbons and put up new ones.  I don't know where the flies come from, but I don't want them in here.

Last night, Deanne and Eddie went to a Halloween party at a friend's house.  Here's a photo of them all dressed up. As you can see, America loves candy corn!! 


I found another adorable crochet pattern to try out after the holiday rush is over.  I've never crocheted a baby dress, (I've sewn them by hand) but this one is so cute.   I don't know if I like the flowers in the middle of the dress, but I'll figure out something. 


For all you Patriot fans, today's game starts at 1 p.m.  I'm not a football fan, but the rest of my family is, so I hope our team wins.  Here's a cute Patriot Minion I borrowed from the web.


Well, there's really not much more news for today, so I think I'll look for some fun mischief to get into.  Maybe I'll do a bit more sorting in the bedroom.  Hmmm, I'll think about that.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Nani said...

The halloween costumes are terrific! It's so hard to find costume ides for adults that aren't over-racy. I like football, but I'm working being an actual follower of it. After the baseball season our teams had this year, nowise a good time to pay more attention to football. :) I have the NFL app on y tablet, that's a start. I was born and raised in metro-Detroit, so the Lions probably have something to do with why I'm not as much of a football follower. LOL

But I still watch; born to the Lions and married into the Patriots. Talk about a balance of extremes. I still want to see the Lions do well...but maybe in 2016. hehe I guess I should get lunch ready now before football starts.

Hugs, Nani

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, just dropping by quickly (catching up after 4 days of storms and lots of rain) to say thanks for the latest QPs and the daily e-mails (I can get on iPad w/o having to use my computer). Sorry about your door, but probably a wise decision. Love the costumes too, you and Pogo have a great Sunday, I'm off now to get ready for the races at Talladega and the Cowboys/Giants game...couch resting today...ROFL! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Cute Halloween costumes. I picked up some cat food at Petco this morning and was amazed at the selection of costumes for dogs. I'm going to look for a Minyan with the Packers logo now that I've been inspired.

Stacey said...

love the costumes! thanks for sharing the pictures. sometimes a relaxing weekend is best. that little dress is adorable! love the neck warmers you've been making. going to try and knit some socks this year for Christmas.

smiekeltje said...

What a wonderful thing sometimes to just say, "it was a quiet weekend"hahaha.
That good old Eddie is truly a wonderguy, isnt he? I am sure he will find a way to patch up the door.
Love Eddie and Deedee in their Halloween costumes.
Yes, we will have to make an appointment too for Halloween night, just let us know when you are planning your broomstick ride, so that we can wave to you ROFL!!!
hAVE A LOVELY DAY,
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I am glad that you and Pogo had a nice quiet weekend and that you were able to have a little nap. We have had such rain here that it has been quiet terrible but yesterday it sounded as if we were in the middle of a hurricane. The wind howled and was so high and it was cold too. I decided the best thing for Cisco and I was to stay inside and snuggle under the comforter. I played a couple of games and watched the most interesting documentary on the pioneers of Forensic Science regarding poisons. It followed the work of two men in 1922 in New York that made a difference to how the science finally was able to be used in court to prove murder. Very interesting.

After that, Cisco and I fell asleep but I woke up at 1:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I updated my blog.

I just love the Halloween Costumes that Deedee and Eddie chose to wear to the party. What a great candy corn costume. I loved it. I am so glad that Eddie is going to come around soon and try to patch up the door. I guess the door companies do not want to put the screen door back on in case they break it then they are liable for replacement. It is odd to me that they didn't offer you a screen door to fit your new door rather than to lose the sale of the door completely. I do think that I would have to send out an email to the main company and advise them of the lost sale and why.

I want to go and read the rest of your blog. Talk to you soon. Hugs, Beth and Bratty Cisco... Yes he has been a brat today heee heee...