Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Welcome Friends!

August 26, 2015


Good morning.  It's bright and sunny, and in the low 70's, but in a few hours it will be close to 90.   I seem to remember August being the best month for comfortable summer temperatures.   Now I'm not so sure.  This month hasn't had very many comfy days so far this year.  Of course, it could just be my aging imagination and how it sees things.

Have you noticed how the days are getting shorter?  It was dark last night before 8 p.m.  I did not get up early enough this morning to see what time daybreak occurred, but I'm sure that it was later than it was last week. 

Have any of you received a message on your cell phone about the Do Not Call" list?  I did, and I called the number  1-888-382-1222  to keep the telemarketers from calling my phone for the next five years.  I also registered my home phone because lately I seem to get at least three or four telemarketing calls a day.

Yesterday, I was expecting someone from the cable company to come by to help me figure out how to make my wi-fi signal stronger than it is now.  Unfortunately, he did not show up.  If I don't see him today, I'll call the company and make a new appointment.

My new yarn order arrived yesterday, and I started a baby blanket last night.  I tried taking a photo of the yarn but the colors weren't coming out very good so I downloaded an image from the web.  This is Baby Print yarn, and the colors in it are pink, blue, green, yellow and white.  Very pretty.


Did you like the image that I inserted at the top of this post?  I found it on the web, and thought it was just perfect for my page.  

Oh my, the mail just came, and in it is the new water/sewer/trash tax bill.  Yikes!!  It's a doozy and will have another increase on the next bill.  The billing is being changed from twice a year to four times a year.  That will help take some of the sting off.  It seems like all the tax bills are large and due all at once in less than a month. 

I just noticed something.  My yard used to always be full of orange tiger lilies, and this year I did not see very many of them.  Hmmmm, I wonder why?  Ah well, I think it's time for me to think about making some lunch for myself and Pogo.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Ha, all bills seem to be higher and indeed due to pay within less than a month. They can write whatever they want, I don't pay them earlier than necessary and even sometimes a bit later.
I think August here was one of the wettest month in many, many years. Yesterday again there was a lot of rainfall and also thinder and lightning. Our area was lucky to have not too much trouble, but in other parts people lost current and had very very much water.
Hope we're done now with that kind of weather.
Lovely yarn for the baby blanket. Those pastel colors always look nice.
Now must think what we will have for dinner. Terrible, to come up every day with something nice. Oh well, something will come into my brain hopefully!
You have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I enjoyed your post at the top - very fitting. I've noticed the darkness coming earlier also. My pickleball is at 6:30 -8:30 at night and I'm glad it's not a terribly long drive as I don't like driving in the dark any more.